Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Featured items - Accessories

I've definitely become more of an accessories person over the last couple of years and I certainly have some favorites. I wanted to highlight some of my more notable MVPs + have some fun creating the recommended coordinates with them.

My first thought for an accessories feature went to my somewhat recently purchased Olivia Burton Pretty Blossom watch. Full blog post with background is here if you're interested. Previous to buying this, I preferred a plainer, metal color watch which felt more neutral and easier to match with everything, but I really love the unique and cute design for this one.
I was wearing this watch almost daily when I first got it which made my fitbit almost obsolete! Even though it's pink, it's a bit more of a paler, slightly neutral color and still matches with a lot imo but offers a nice, girly detail.

I've really come to love berets since getting into himekaji and this Liz Lisa many ribbon beret in bordeaux is the perfect topper to an autumn outfit. I love that it doesn't disturb my favorite hairstyles as well.
I love creating bordeaux coordinates, so I went a little overboard with my recommended pairings. I couldn't pick just one or two!

Although purchased just a couple months ago, I know that this EATME faux leather cross belt will absolutely be an essential part of my wardrobe. It helps cinch the waist in a really flattering way and pairs easily with so many different dresses and skirts. More photos and information here.
I didn't want to be too repetitive with my previously shown coordinate examples but there are some that are stand out favorites to me. I definitely look forward to continuing to create different kinds of outfits with this as my EATME wardrobe expands.

Up next is a group of red Liz Lisa accessories - Liz Lisa tulle can can hat in red, Liz Lisa ribbon cherry clip set in red and Liz Lisa strawberry ribbon barrette in red. I thought that just featuring only one of these would be a little too boring (especially since apparently a lot of people don't like red lol) but together they might be nice to see.
There's quite a few coordinates here but I couldn't resist showing how versatile some red accessories can be! Not wanting to repeat too much from previous weeks meant I had to be a little more creative, but it was worth it.

As a bit more of a "fun"/less serious accessory, I thought I would feature this Liz Lisa selfie stick that was offered as a novelty item several years ago. I love a good free item and this one is actually quite useful in addition to being cute (albeit a bit cringey to use IRL now). I don't really typically carry this around with me but I consider it really useful on trips.
These aren't really "coordinates" so it's more of a joke but it's just cute pink stuff lol. The examples are just some times that I've used them!

As a bonus weekend featured item, here is one of my most favorite Liz Lisa items ever - Liz Lisa 14th anniversary watch in white. I absolutely adore all the details on this watch - the bow detail framing the face, the loose heart pieces, the removable charm "bracelet" and the floral print all over. I wore this all the time when I first got it and unfortunately it's just not in good shape anymore because of the quality of the materials + how often I wore it and the situations I wore it in. I wish it had been made of real leather!

Many of these accessories are small but I really appreciate the detail they add to a complete outfit - especially hair accessories! It's so hard for me to believe that I used to resist buying/wearing accessories and thought it wasn't worth investing in them. Clothes are definitely a focal point and obviously very important but there's nothing like a perfect finishing touch!




Featured item series
 Purses
 Shoes 
 EATME
 Accessories 

No comments:

Post a Comment