Friday, June 21, 2019

Olivia Burton Pretty Blossom watch

I've been long admiring Olivia Burton watches ever since I first spotted them in the Tokyu Department store in Shibuya. I never bothered to research them more back in the US, but inspired by a photo I saw on Twitter, I went searching and this cherry blossom watch was just the thing I was looking for!

[Olivia Burton] Pretty Blossom Demi Blossom & Gold

The description from the website:
Let your dreams blossom with our latest collection, inspired by spring's natural beauty. It doesn't get much prettier than this design, featuring our delicate, watercolour-painted floral print in the softest of colourways, complemented by a shining gold-plated dial. For the dreamiest finishing touch, our designers have embellished the Blossom leather strap with a little butterfly motif.
I was specifically looking for a watch with a floral face and yellow gold metal accents, in a shade that would match well with pink. The face was just about the right size (34mm) and it has a leather strap. I thought the gold butterfly was also a super cute small detail on the strap.
[From the Pretty Blossom collection, there is also a version with a 3D butterfly and vegan strap as well as a rose gold version with a grey strap without a butterfly + a few more!]

Olivia Burton watches are also available through Nordstrom or Bloomingdales (if you're in the US) but I decided to order direct from the website due to a small discount and free shipping anyway. It took a bit over a week for the watch to arrive via FedEX and the delivery date was constantly changing, but I think that's more on FedEX than the Olivia Burton. 


The watch was packaged in a printed plastic mailer and then an Olivia Burton printed box with the watch box inside including an envelope with the return and care instruction and grass for padding which gives it a nice "nest" look!

My much anticipated LuLuFleurir order actually arrived on the very same day and I immediately paired the watch with the Papillon fleur bracelet which was my motivation for purchasing the watch to begin with. I am now hopelessly obsessed with the combination of the two but the watch stands well on its own too! 

I try to feature the watch (and bracelet) in as many OOTDs as possible now lmao. I'm happy that it blends well with most of my wardrobe!

While I wear a watch daily, it's not an accessory that I find myself using for "style" necessarily but rather for functionality. As a result, I usually buy a watch that I consider wearable for many occasions (generic color, band, size, etc) and wear it to death until I find a new watch (which usually takes a couple years). Previously, my daily watch was a FitBit Alta HR (a gift from my bf) which is both aesthetically and functionally a lot different from a traditional watch like this one. I wasn't sure if it would be worthwhile to get a new non-smart/tech watch, but I have absolutely zero regrets about this Olivia Burton watch. It's truly beautiful and I love glancing at my wrist while I'm typing or just randomly throughout the day.

The one minor detail that I'm not head over heels about is that the strap color doesn't match with the pink in the blossoms on the face. The color is similar, but not the same tone of pink to me. It's not obvious at all from most distances, but that's the only complaint I really have about it.

Otherwise, this watch was exactly what I wanted and I've been enjoying wearing it most days since I received it! My FitBit Alta HR has been downgraded to just for workouts and sleep. If I need another aesthetic watch in the future, I'll be sure to think of Olivia Burton. I'm surprised I hadn't even really heard of it prior to seeing the brand randomly in a Japanese department store. I've really been missing out!

2 comments:

  1. So very pretty! I love how dainty all your accessories and they look look so lovely all together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the detailing on the watch and the bracelet looks so perfect together

    ReplyDelete