Friday, May 22, 2020

Featured items - Shoes

In the same way that a purse can make or break an outfit, it can also be said for the right pair of shoes. Ebony recently made me realize that I did actually retain a decent number of Liz Lisa shoes even though to me it seemed like I had sold or thrown out the majority in my wardrobe downsize. Although I certainly own other brands of shoes, this week's features focused specifically on Liz Lisa because I think they have the best details worth featuring.
Despite preaching that the shoes can make the outfit, in most other "recommended coordinate" photos from other weeks, I purposefully didn't include shoes because I currently keep my footwear in the garage. It's just not convenient to bring them to where I take the photographs and I didn't want to think of this activity as a chore. I made exceptions for this week but I fully realize how much shoes can make the whole recommended coordinate pop.

First featured pair had to be something with details worthy of closeups and these Liz Lisa 3 ribbon pumps in pink fit the bill perfectly. I really admired the ribbon placement and the overall design of this shoe when it was first released. It reminded me more of the style of shoes Liz Lisa used to produce 4 years ago.
The pink color is actually pretty close to a neutral and they pair very easily with lots of different prints. I've chosen them for 2 different Japan trips (Spring 2019 and Winter 2019) for that reason.

Up next, I knew I had to feature the Liz Lisa double ribbon clear heel sandals in white, yellow and pink. Obviously I loved them - I bought them in all three colors! I started with white because they seemed the most versatile, but because they were so comfy and cute, it only made sense to get other pairs. Eventually, I anticipate these filling the void when my Liz Lisa knot wedge sandals (see below) have to be thrown out due to age/wear.
All three colors easily work well with my wardrobe. The overall design feels pretty casual and I love them for a daytime look.

Another set of shoes that I felt compelled to buy in more than one color and hold on to them despite downsizing - Liz Lisa 3-strap pumps in bordeaux and pink. These are both very much autumn colors and I loveeee my autumn wardrobe (despite Hawaii not actually having a real fall lol). 
These shoes are great for travel but I also still wear them a ton to work. The pump design is classic but the ribbons keep them from being too boring. You can't beat a perfect color match with Liz Lisa items.

Mentioned above, these Liz Lisa knot wedge sandals in white, yellow and pink have looong been favorites of mine. I'm super sad that the leather is starting to peel very badly and I don't think they'll be wearable for very much longer. (It's pretty evident in many of the close up photos despite me trying to get creative with the angles.) The heel height is comfortable while still giving me 4+ inches and Liz Lisa just doesn't make them like this any more.
The woven wedge heel makes these great for casual looks, especially during the summer. I love having the variety of colors to match with almost everything in my wardrobe. Despite being a pretty bright color, the yellow pair is actually one of my most used.

Last, but certainly not least, my beloved Liz Lisa ankle chain OTK boots in camel from 2012. These guys are old and don't get a lot of use but because of the humidity in Hawaii, the faux leather inside the top part of the boot shaft is peeling. Thankfully they still look pretty good from the outside and that's why I've been reluctant to toss them. 
I love love love OTK boots and I'm so sad I rarely get to wear them in Hawaii without feeling like a pretentious fashion idiot. I've held on to them for so long because they're great for fall/winter trips (Ex. trip to the East Coast in 2013Japan trip Autumn 2015, Japan trip Autumn 2018) but I know they're not really useful overall.

As you can probably tell, when I find a pair of shoes I like, I get them in all the colors I can lol. (I did actually own the 3 ribbon pumps in white initially but ended up selling them and almost bought the beige/pink version of the OTK boots as well but I was in the middle of my clean out.) For a future feature item spotlight, I definitely want to show some of my favorite non-Liz Lisa shoes as well!




Featured item series
 Purses
 Shoes 
 EATME
 Accessories 

4 comments:

  1. Your collection always astounds me in a good way haha. Nice to see what you retained!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I tried to keep what was practical but I also like to have a good variety.

      Delete
  2. Omg I was obsessed with those boots and I was dying for those wedges cause of you XD
    I also had to recently let go of my LL shoes cause they fell apart and it wasn't worth repairing ToT
    ~Kieli♥
    bunnycraftydream.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes omg I'm so sad when I have to toss the shoes. Especially now that they're not releasing any similar styles. (It wasn't so bad when they would sell a variation every year!)

      Delete