Saturday, May 16, 2020

Featured items - Non-Liz Lisa


For my second week of featured items, I wanted to focus on some of my favorite pieces that weren't from Liz Lisa since I thought it might get a little monotonous to only focus on one brand. 

I instantly fell in love with Ank Rouge shirring maxi cami OP in black gingham after first seeing it last year in July. Although I'm not usually one to favor midi length skirts, I loved the proportions and the off shoulder sleeves with the gingham print. It feel so casual and cute but not in an obnoxious way.

I don't have many "sweet" black accessories, but the two I do have from Liz Lisa match perfectly with this dress if I do say so myself. As this is a more recent purchase, I don't have a large variety of pictures in it, but I look forward to continuing to wear it more and more especially with summer approaching.

I purchased this Rojita floral romper secondhand, so I don't know a lot of the specs on it but I love the style of romper with a skirt and shorts hem peeking out. It's essentially a bit like a mini dress look without having to worry about the wind. I also really like the monotone floral pattern in an ice blue scheme which isn't something I typically see from brands like Liz Lisa.

Since this is a bit of a shorter, more casual item, I don't wear it to work but I do enjoy wearing it to go shopping, lunch with friends or daytime family events. It's another purchase I made since I cut back on blogging and again don't have the worn photos to show how much I actually like it which is such a pity. 

This Juge Etta floral resort OP in pink has such an elegant feel because of the print but still youthful due to the cut and length of the dress imo. I love that there's so many different colors seamlessly intertwined with the floral pattern. I definitely miss this Liz Lisa sister brand.
My absolute favorite way to wear this dress is paired with my Liz Lisa lace peek cardigan. Although the lace has the potential to look too busy over when layered over prints, I think because it's a bright white, it stands out just enough to add some interesting texture. I also love pairing it with this lavender Kate Spade bag because it makes the purple in the print pop! There's so many fun colors in this dress to work with.


A bit of an out-of-left-field choice, these BarIII split leg pants from Macys really caught my eye on the rack and I actually tried them on as a bit of a joke. Well jokes on me because I actually love them. The vertical stripes, while a bit pajama-y, are very flattering and make me look so tall. The split leg design is super fun and I love sticking my leg out lol.
Since the pants have so much coverage, I like to pair them with a sassier top. And because I see these pants as "trendy", I feel like a beret or slightly funky hairstyle completes the look, haha.

Last but not least, my bright red Charlotte Russe heart cut out dress. I almost didn't purchase it because I thought maybe $40 was too much for it and it didn't fit perfectly (my mom needed to take it on the sides), but boy am I glad I "splurged". I don't wear it too often because I feel like it's too much of a memorable/statement dress despite the solid color, but I really love the pleats and the classic look from the front with the fun design on the back.
I usually wear this dress for Valentine's Day because I'm not very creative and this year I decided to go for a blinding all red outfit incorporating my Liz Lisa gingham ribbon cardigan. I also think it pairs really well with a simple white cardigan for a more subdued look with the back cut outs hidden as well.

I wasn't sure how this week of featured items would be received since it seems like when I post non-Liz Lisa content on IG, I tend to lose followers, but ultimately I'm very happy I decided to highlight these! Even though some of these aren't jfashion branded or even popular items, they're some of my favorites that I think are really fun to have in my wardrobe for variety.




Featured item series
 Purses
 Shoes 
 EATME
 Accessories 

2 comments:

  1. I adore each of these pieces! Especially that romper <3
    ~Kieli♥
    bunnycraftydream.com

    ReplyDelete