Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Featured items - Liz Lisa


Based on a recommendation from @smallestsloth, I started posting a "featured item" from my wardrobe on my IG story every weekday during the stay-at-home orders starting from late March. Since I don't have much new content for this blog due to the same circumstances, I thought it would be nice to share them briefly here as well. The blog post format allows me to add additional commentary that isn't as suitable for a quick IG story post and also makes the photos a little more accessible!

I'm separating the posts into the weekly themes I ended up following. For this first week, I knew I wanted to start with some of my favorite Liz Lisa items.

First featured item is the Liz Lisa sunflower parfait OP in white. I knew I wanted to start with something cheery with an original print and girly details
 
I love coordinating my accessories based on the red of the berries in the parfait. I feel like red also helps bring out the yellow in the sunflowers as well. 

The next featured item is Liz Lisa Emma plumeria romper in navy. While the print isn't my favorite because plumeria feels a little cliche in Hawaii, I absolutely love the cut and drape of the romper skirt and the off shoulder sleeves.
Since this romper has a casual, summer feel, I like to pair it with my Liz Lisa big ribbon woven bag for daytime looks. It can easily be dressed up a little a gold purse and strappy shoes for night. This is a bit of a more recent purchase, so unfortunately I don't have many worn photos in it.
I love the design of the romper so much that I also purchased it in pink.

Wanting to feature a skirt, I knew instantly that my Liz Lisa key motif skirt in white had to be posted. It was one of my first full price purchases back in 2014 and it's one of the few older pieces that survived my wardrobe purge. I love the print and the fit.
Since this is an autumn item, I mostly associate it with warmer toned items and I think it pairs really well with off white/beige Liz Lisa tops.

Hopping back to OPs, I knew I had to feature this Liz Lisa sleepy bunny OP in navy. I love, love, love the navy color and how the flowers in the print stand out on it. The details on the the dress are also really sweet and I find the faux jumper skirt design super cute, especially the white sleeves.
The dress stands well on its own, so it just needs a simple navy hair ribbon and small white purse complete the look. I wore this dress for a photoshoot we did in Shinjuku Gyoen and think it photographed really well against the fall colors!

Last Liz Lisa featured item for the week was a recent purchase - Liz Lisa salon de patisserie sukapan in pink. I wanted to continue the theme of posting iconic prints for this first week. Unfortunately I've rehomed most of them from my wardrobe, but couldn't resist adding this new one to my closet in 2019.
Since the print and details are so girly, I love piling on the pink when creating coordinates with this sukapan. Keeping the top simple with just a few details lets the print on the sukapan shine. I'm so sad I don't have better pictures wearing this item even though I wore it all day during our Winter 2019 Japan trip. It was often covered by my coat! Since then, I haven't had very many opportunities to wear it but I hope to again soon. 

This is definitely a new type of blog post for me and tbh not up to my typical standards, but I had a lot of fun thinking about which items to feature and how to create the recommended coordinates. It really brought me back to my older blogging days except that I didn't want to put on make up every day to wear the items IRL for photos and instead relied on older posts for worn examples. Going through my archives made me realize how much I loved taking outfit photos and how important I think it is to showcase how these items look on a real person (which is the reason I started blogging to begin with). I have at least 7 different featured item themes to post in the upcoming days. I hope these won't be too boring if you've already seen my IG stories. 
Please feel free to leave me feedback!




Featured item series
 Purses
 Shoes 
 EATME
 Accessories 

5 comments:

  1. Nice! I really love your last sukapan, I forgot how pretty that print was. What's your most expensive fashion splurge?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes close up pictures of the print really remind me of how special they are!

      I think recently I've been getting a little too into fine jewelry rings and I splurged on a couple that I didn't need during the stay at home orders. They're made to order and should hopefully be ready in June which is why I haven't shared them yet!
      But clothing wise, I have a couple of Betsey Johnson dresses from high school (from when we had an actual Betsey Johnson retail store in HI) that are likely the most I've spent on an individual clothing piece. I dont mind spending a bit on purses, but tend to be a little more conservative with clothes prices.
      Thanks for the question!

      Delete
  2. That romper is everything I ever wanted <3 I need to find it now xD I'm glad you're having fun with these type of posts. Liz Lisa has been a disappointment for me lately and I miss being able to shop for the older pieces! But you really make me want to find stuff now lol!
    ~Kieli♥
    bunnycraftydream.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish the amount of quality, detail, and care Liz Lisa puts into their clothes was the norm for the general fashion industry.

    ReplyDelete