Sunday, February 23, 2020

EATME 5 item February haul

EATME's winter sale was in full force starting from the end of January, and I ended up doing two small orders and had them sent to my friend who was visiting Japan for a few weeks. Runway Channel packages their items in hugeee boxes sometimes which disqualifies me for small packet shipping and really sucks because the weight is otherwise quite light!

EATME Vintage Flower Print open shoulder OP in black
Vintage Flower Printオープンショルダーワンピース
I've been peeking at this dress for a while and wasn't sure why it wasn't selling well, especially in this black color which was my favorite colorway by far. The skirt length and the open shoulder silhouette are definitely suitable for Hawaii but I wasn't super sure about the overall shape and worried it might even be a little too short for me. The sale price and double/triple checking the measurements reassured me a little bit + I made sure to get the belt from the styled stock photos!
Sure enough, the silhouette without the belt is loose and breezy. The fabric itself actually has a bit of weight which makes it feel like really good quality and I enjoy the scale of the flowers in the print. The color combination is dark without feeling too sad although tbh I could easily see this being a dress I could wear to a funeral. (We typically wear aloha shirts and are slightly more casual for funerals in Hawaii.) If I wanted something a bit more toned down, I guess I would wear it unaccessorized, but I definitely prefer it with a defined waist (see below!).

EATME fake leather cross belt 
フェイクレザークロスベルト
I've had my eye on a belt from EATME even since I started buying items from the brand but they never really go on sale. The 20x points promotion is about as good as it gets, so I figured now was my chance since the shipping wasn't holding me back either. I also didn't want to get the vintage flower print OP without this belt, so they were a set deal in my mind!
(with the Vintage flower print open shoulder OP)
(with the harness off shoulder OP - more details further down)
This belt is everything I hoped it would be and is so great for outfits where I want a more defined waist. The straps in the front are adjustable but the snaps in the back are how the belt is put on/off. I'm definitely excited to purchase future pieces from EATME that this belt can complement!

EATME sheer sleeve decolette OP in mix
 シースルースリーブデコルテワンピース

I absolutely love the pink version I bought in August last year and knew I would get the mix version if it ever went on sale. This was the perfect chance for me. Even though this colorway reads quite a bit more "autumn", I still think it can work throughout the year and is definitely different enough from the pink to be its own statement.
While I usually am not a huge fan of brown x black color combinations, together in a plaid pattern really works for me! Again, I just kind of love this faux 2-piece type silhouette and the contrast sleeves and collar are super cute details to me. The garter belt front pieces are removable, but I like the contrast at the waist as well.

EATME harness off shoulder tulle OP in purple
ハーネス付きオフショルチュールワンピース
Long/midi length dresses are slowly making their presence known in my closet. I was pretty nervous about the tulle on this one because in some of the pictures it looks a bit raggedy, but I hoped with some good steaming, it might not be too bad. I liked this dress in all colors it came in (black and pink aside from this one), but deep purple seemed like the most fun and different than what I already owned. 
(without harness)
(with harness)
The tulle in the skirt does have a fair amount of volume. I did my best to steam it and try to get out some of the static, but it sticks to itself a bit. The ruching for the top part is way looser than I was expecting and isn't exactly form fitted for me, especially the top elastic which should hold the whole dress up. Without a little extra support, the dress will definitely need to be pulled up throughout the day.
The harness is obviously removable and is made of a pretty flimsy/thin material. It has to sit just right or it looks a bit out of place and pull up oddly where the straps are. It's nice as a "free" item that comes with the dress, but I do think I prefer to wear this dress with the cross belt just because it feels a lot more secure.
Despite my complaints, I still like this dress, but would love it a lot more if the elastic/ruching in the top was much tighter. The color is very pretty and I think the length of the skirt balances out the "tough" elements of the harness or cross belt well.

EATME pearl button blouse in white
パールボタンピンタックブラウス
I don't need this top at all, but I didn't want to order the purple dress by itself, and this was the next reasonable thing! I figured I would be able to wear it with a number of my black skirts but is otherwise just a nice straightforward blouse that can lean professional or cute depending on the styling.
I actually like it a lot more than I thought I would - especially paired with the mix print lace up skirt. The material is a bit thicker than I expected, but not in a bad way. The subtle details like the lace and vertical pleats keep this from being too boring and overall, the standard freesize fit works well for me.

Hooray for end of season winter sales that don't only include coats and knits that I aren't typically suitable in Hawaii! I'm really happy I had the opportunity to grab these items from EATME and its section in my closet is slowly growing. I hope to continue to get more and more versatile pieces to coordinate with them. There's definitely more than a handful of pieces I have my eye on from the upcoming spring releases!
(P.S. Let me know what you think about this post format! It's reminiscent of my TKL order posts in the past but definitely less robust. I think try on photos are definitely something that make a post worthwhile, but am not yet ready to commit to doing 3 different full coordinates for every item all the time. Hopefully with an intro post like this + my monthly OOTD posts, a full variety of ways to wear the items will eventually be posted!)

1 comment: