Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Honey Cinnamon 2023 Fukubukuro contents

We decided to stay in Japan over the holidays this year, so I was extra excited to order and receive New Years lucky packs in a timely manner! I was following all the brands I was interested in closely in November and December for pre-order announcements and reveals and saw this one for Honey Cinnamon on Twitter.
I could see that the revealed contents are pretty similar to last year's (Honey Cinnamon 2022 fukubukuro post), but I had been wanting to increase the number of long sleeve items in my wardrobe for the colder months, so I decided to go with it anyway. The jacket seemed the most similar, but I was using the 2022 one all the time anyway, so I didn't see a downside to getting another at the fukubukuro set price. I set my calendar alerts for Dec 1 for the pre-order time and made sure I got one when they released! Package was shipped the day after Christmas and was supposed to be delivered on Dec 30.

The contents
Items are exactly as pictured in the reveal and Twitter promotion photos: white fluffy jacket with ribbon applique on the sleeves, white long sleeve blouse with a collar, black and white tweed jumperskirt with belt, pink knit sweater dress and the heart shaped bag.






Coordinates
Jacket + blouse + knit OP 

Blouse + knit OP 

Knit OP 

Jacket + blouse + jumperskirt 

Blouse + jumperskirt 

Blouse (with last year's skirt) 

with Bag
This is just a simple look at the items being worn (with each other), but I think it shows that it's a nice little set of items that go well together. I think it definitely fits with Honey Cinnamon's aesthetic at the lucky pack price point. Everything fits reasonably well for freesize although the length of the dress and jumperskirt would probably better suit someone 1.5+ inches shorter (I'm 5'4" or 162cm for reference). 

2023 vs 2022 item comparisons
2023 version on the top, 2022 version on the bottom
For the most part, these are very similar in either design or material but not exactly the same in every aspect. For the jacket, obvious design difference is the applique ribbons (2023) but also the material: short hair faux fur (very soft but prone to shedding, 2023) vs a bit more like a comfy/warm blanket(?, 2022). The sweater/knit item is a dress (2023) vs a sweater top (2022) and the necklines are different in addition to the black trim (2022), but otherwise the material appears to be the same. Likewise for the tweed-like material of the jumperskirt (2023) and the skirt (2022) where the item itself is very different but are clearly cut from the same fabric. You don't expect or typically see a ton of variation in the bag itself, but I do think 2023 got an upgrade back to the classic heart shape!
Not included as a comparison is the dress from 2022 and the blouse from 2023 which don't have a direct correlation, but are made somewhat similarly/quality wise (thin). I do think I will be using this year's blouse more than last year's dress (which I don't think I wore at all since getting it since it feels a bit short). Despite the overlap, I think it actually feel a bit more like a capsule collection. If this year's jacket was black instead of white, that would have felt perfect to me (for owning both years' bags).

This is a much briefer blog post than I usually do for fukubukuro, but lately I've been enjoying spending more time actually wearing the items and less time posing in my room and taking/editing photos. I even half considered not bothering to blog this at all, but I do love how lucky packs often contain a cohesive set of items, and conceded to doing a short post. 
Look out for these items paired in different ways in upcoming monthly recap OOTD posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment