Thursday, January 20, 2022

EATME 2022 New Year Fukubukuro

I've taken a break from purchasing fukubukuro - last one might have been in 2017 I think, which is the second to last year that Liz Lisa offered them. I did actually buy one from Honey Cinnamon in 2018, but didn't even try on the contents and sold them immediately and didn't blog it because I wasn't in the best headspace. However, circumstances have changed and I have already blogged this year's Honey Cinnamon fukubukuro here!

I was eager to give new years lucky packs another try while I didn't have to worry about (international) shipping costs as much and actually would have a use for winter/cold weather clothing. EATME was an obvious first choice for me, and I made sure I set reminders for the pre-order on November 24.
This 2022 fukubukuro was advertised as including:
- the revealed coat in either mix or black (buyer's choice)
- the revealed dress in black
- 3 additional non-revealed/"random" items
- the tote bag

I was surprised that the package actually shipped on Dec 24 (way ahead of Jan 1 which is what I was expecting) and the first attempted delivery was on Dec 26. We actually weren't available to receive/sign for the package during this time and it went through several re-delivery attempts before I noticed and had to request it be re-routed to a neighbor, else it would have been returned to the sender. I was very close to not actually receiving this lucky pack at all due to my bad planning!

In addition to the early pre-order, EATME/Runway Channel also offers a second batch of (the same) lucky packs on January 1 online (+ in store) which I think is a really good system to offer a second chance. I didn't check it out since I already had my purchase, but I'm sure it went quickly!

My EATME 2022 Fukubukuro contents
I ordered the fukubukuro in mix rather than black because I already own a black coat and consider lucky packs a good opportunity to get things that are a little more "alternative" for a cheaper price. I do like a check/mix print in general, but probably wouldn't be willing to pay anything close to retail price for something that isn't as versatile as a solid!

Since I wasn't able to see my own fukubukuro right away, I had been checking twitter for reveals for the random items and was able to find these two posts [@guilty_cat27] [@act464930grl] both showing a top + mermaid-ish shaggy knit matching set although in two different colors and was very interested in what I would get and how it would look on me!

Buckle sleeve cuff coat in mix
This is an above-the-knee length coat with a deep collar and single button. I don't have a lot of experience with coats, but this is the style that I typically look for because they seem the most versatile for me - can be worn over most of my existing wardrobe without interfering with a weird hemline and still provide some fashion on its own. It also has pockets which is a huge plus for me when it's cold.

with EATME fukubukuro OP and EATME belted pumps -

with EATME cross neck blouse, EATME zip faux leather skirt and One Spo beret -

with EATME vintage flower print OP -

with EATME neck harness design OP and Olivia Burton skinny scarf -
This is just a small sample of coordinate examples here, but the coat goes with a lot of my existing wardrobe, both clothes and accessories. I think that the check print was the right choice for me and I especially love how solid colors pop against it. The coat itself doesn't have a ton of shape, but that means there's definitely room for layering. My only complaint is that the sleeves are a little long but tbh they're probably supposed to be that length with the cuff so that it gives them a little more volume. Overall, I think this is a really great fukubukuro item!

A-line collared OP
This dress presents as very simple on its own, but it's much nicer than it initially leads on, especially for the price. The collar and cuffs are removable and the base dress itself is versatile but still cute and fits with the EATME aesthetic flawlessly.  

dress on its own -
+ EATME cross harness belt -
+ EATME faux leather cross belt -

with EATME pleats wrap (over)skirt -

dress on its own without collar and cuffs and EATME ribbon choker + Honey Cinnamon fukubukuro jacket -

with EATME flare jumperskirt -

with EATME shirt collar pleat wrap OP overskirt -
I initially thought it was going to be boring to style this dress, but it ended up being a lot of fun to do a little mixing and matching and experimenting with different layers. I will likely just end up wearing it with the collar and cuffs with a belt most of the time, but I absolutely love how it pairs with the different overskirts and will keep those in mind as fun options. 

Flutter sleeve peplum top
I honestly would have thought peplum would have died out by now, but I'm pretty glad it didn't, especially one that's this small and simple. The cropped length is balanced so well with the volume in the sleeves. And I actually quite appreciate the soft grey color which I had initially interpreted as blue. 

with EATME fukubukuro shaggy mermaid skirt + EATME cross harness belt -

with EATME 2-way peplum skirt without peplum belt -

with EATME pleats wrap skirt without overskirt and EATME logo ribbon cap -

with Bebe tight skirt -
I thought this top was a bit too floppy and shapeless when I initially opened it out of the plastic, but the lightweight of the knit is actually a plus and it falls just the right way. It's great for wearing over high waisted bottoms and also easily works tucked in. This has definitely made me realize I'm missing a pair of high waisted pants and/or shorts from my wardrobe, but meanwhile, I still have a decent selection of skirts to pick from!

Shaggy knit cardigan
Simple but versatile seems like one of the themes of this lucky pack and this cropped length cardigan is no exception. There's three medium size functional buttons down the front and the volume in the sleeves allows it to be easily layered over other long sleeve items while adding a little bit of warmth. I wasn't too fussed with this initially, but I've grown to see its merit, which I should never have doubted.

with EATME fukubukuro OP and faux leather cross belt - 

with Rmine decolette ribbon 2-way top, Honey Cinnamon fukubukuro skirt, One Spo beret, Michael Kors manhattan satchel and DreamV cross strap pumps -

with EATME vintage flower print OP -

with EATME cross neck blouse, EATME zip faux leather skirt and One Spo beret -

with EATME fukubukuro top and EATME fukubukuro shaggy knit mermaid skirt -
This cardigan was yet just another items that was kind of unassuming and I thought would be a bit useless and boring. It's true in a sense, on its own, there isn't a ton special about it other than the shaggy knit material, but the more I try it on with other items, the more I realize how the texture adds a little oomph to what otherwise would be a bit boring of an outfit.

Shaggy knit mermaid skirt
Since I had seen a reveal on Twitter, I knew this mermaid skirt was a possibility. I wasn't immediately excited...more a bit nervous. It's just straight down with a cute little ruffle hem which could have the option of being really cute or really unflattering, especially based on the length and material. However, once I opened my specific lucky pack and recognized it, I was very interested to see how it would look on me!

with Rmine decolette ribbon 2-way top + EATME fukubukukro shaggy knit cardigan -

with EATME lace up neck rib top - 

with RESEXXY back neck ribbon knit top and EATME faux leather cross belt + Honey Cinnamon fukubukuro jacket -

so...while I was taking the rest of the photos, I had a thought and I tried it as a dress.
+ Material Girl faux leather jacket and + GU oversize MA-1 blouson 
So it doesn't exactly work as a dress, but I definitely love it as a skirt - way more than I thought I would. The bottom ruffle has a lot of great movement because of the weight and the front slit and where it hits on my leg. I don't see this being worn A LOT but I definitely think it's worth hanging on to for colder weather when I'm not afraid to be a little more daring :)

Faux leather strap tote
Not a lot to say about the tote - as most fukubukuro bags are, it's a great size for an overnight bag or a carry on. The faux leather straps aren't going to last forever and ever, but for now it's a nice contrast detail that adds the EATME spark.

with all the EATME fukubukuro clothes items -


I have to say, I'm extremely pleased with this fukubukuro. It fits the EATME aesthetic but doesn't feel extremely cheap. I love that the coat has pockets and still a nice additional detail with the buckle. The dress is so versatile, especially with the removable cuffs and collar. And I couldn't be more happy with the three unknown items that work well with each other but also SO many other EATME items that I already own. Things that I wouldn't have bought myself but are just great additions to help expand my wardrobe. This lucky pack definitely wouldn't be great in Hawaii, but I'm very much looking forward to being able to wear some of these things out in colder weather soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment