Monday, January 17, 2022

Honey Cinnamon 2022 Fukubukuro

This is one of two fukubukuro I ordered this year. (The other is the EATME 2022 Fukubukuro (now published!), but IG story poll voted for this one to be blogged first πŸ‘‹.) This is the second time I ordered a new year's lucky pack from Honey Cinnamon but didn't end up keeping any of the contents of the previous one. However, it seems like I actually might have a use for these warmer items now!
Honey Cinnamon "Girly" Fukubukuro contents (all revealed ahead of time via HC social media):
- Short (length) outer
- Knit top
- Trapezoid skirt
- Long sleeve OP
- Tote

There was also a "unisex" fukubukuro available which also contained five items (but completely different than this girly set). 
Not a lot of mystery here - I just needed to decide whether the revealed items seemed like something I would want. I appreciate that to an extent, especially for a brand I'm slightly less familiar with. I follow Honey Cinnamon accounts on Twitter, so even though I wasn't already subscribed to their webshop mail, I still had a decent heads up about the release on Dec 1 and was able to place my order online without much hassle after creating an account.

What I received:
I decided to go for a quick YouTube video for the unboxing! Let me know how rusty I am lol.

If you don't want to go through the trouble of watching a video, no real surprises with the packaging. All items were individually wrapped in plastic in the zipped tote like typical lucky packs.

Outer - fluffy cropped collared jacket
This was one of the selling points for this specific fukubukuro for me. I liked that it was a white color which mean it would be able to match with a variety of different styles and items. I also don't already have a cropped jacket like this for colder weather. The fluffy material makes it a bit cutesy but overall, I knew that wouldn't be a bad thing. This isn't an item I could see myself buying individually, so I was happy to have it as part of this lucky pack. 

with HC tweed check trapezoid skirt, OneSpo beret and DreamV cross strap pumps + Liz Lisa heart spindle purse

with Rojita floral romper, Liz Lisa big ribbon beret and DreamV cross strap pumps -

with Ank Rouge front pocket set up OP + offbrand breton hat & Michael Kors nouveau hamilton star-embellished satchel
It definitely pairs quite easily with a lot of items in my wardrobe and has some decent room for layers underneath if necessary. The big buttons are easy to use and it's just a nice, no fuss outer piece that I see being able to be used casually and for slightly dressier girlier occasions too. I really like that it has a collar and actually really like fluffy texture that adds some fun to an outfit as well. 

OP - long sleeve collared OP
This is a typical/standard lucky pack item in my experience and I wasn't expecting a lot out of it. It's a cute, unoffensive design that works for a lot of people. I am looking to add some casual and lightweight long sleeve items to my wardrobe that aren't knits, so this is a great filler piece for that. The material and construction are definitely on the cheaper side (which isn't really a criticism, just the reality), so if you see this piece come up for sale on secondhand sites, know to expect that. 

with Rojita large ribbon headband and EATME double strap pumps -
+ Evelyn bijou belt

with HC fluffy cropped collared jacket -

with Liz Lisa floral lace peek cardigan -

with HC ruffle heart knit top ("cropped"/tucked under) -
The dress photographs pretty well in my opinion and will likely be great for layering, but I don't see this being a long term or go-to piece for me. If I want to dress slightly "nicer" but don't have to worry about possibly getting dirty or being too careful with what I'm wearing, that's when I might end up thinking of this dress first. All that being said, there's nothing inherently wrong with it, and it fulfills the requirement for a fukubukuro OP.

Top - ruffle heart knit top
This knit is another item that I certainly wouldn't have ordered individually of my own accord, but was interested to try as part of the lucky pack. I don't generally own a lot of heavier knits + turtleneck and front ruffles. All contribute to cuteness, but just not something I typically specifically spend money on. This is a reasonably well made piece - or it just seems like it due to the weight of the knit!

with DreamV pleated skirt and Ank Rouge ribbon lace up sandals + GU oversize MA-1 blouson - 

with EATME faux leather zipper skirt & offbrand thick headband - 

with HC tweed check trapezoid skirt and OneSpo beret - 
The black trim on the sweater is a nice touch and makes pairing and accessorizing this top very easy. Definitely my favorite way to wear it is with the matching tweed skirt from the same lucky pack (below). I wouldn't typically think to tuck in such a thick sweater, but the tweed balances that very nicely and has a nice, defined waistband. 

Bottoms - tweed check trapezoid skirt
I've seen variations on this skirt all over girly brands over the last few years, but I think there's a reason it's sticking around. It's easy to wear and honestly just cute lol. The tweed check is great for winter and just really versatile. There's no hook & eye for the zipper in the back and the pockets are 100% fake, but for the price, I'm not fussed because it also just wears really well.

with EATME button decolette blouse, OneSpo beret and DreamV cross strap pumps + HC fluffy cropped collared jacket -

with HC heart ruffle knit

with Rmine decolette ribbon 2-way top + EATME 2022 fukubukuro fuwa moko cardigan and Michael Kors metallic manhattan satchel - 

with Ank Rouge back ribbon shoulder top + Forever21 heart pouchette / Samantha Vega flutter purse -
I mostly chose to match this skirt with black and white for this post because that's mostly the type of tops I have in my wardrobe that fit with this style genre of skirt. I do think it would be cute with the strawberry detail top that Liz Lisa just released though. It's a great basic piece and perfect inclusion for a fukubukuro in my opinion. I'm quite happy with this item. 

Bag - large ruffle tote
Like most fukubukuro totes, this one is made of a thin/lightweight, satin-y material and doesn't have much structure on its own. It definitely isn't meant to carry textbooks or even a heavier laptop long term imo, but would be great for throwing a scarf and jacket or a change of clothes in. I do like the rectangle shape with the small ruffle and the black color.
I didn't really look to create any "tote coordinates" since it's not a real purse to me, but it matches so well with all of the contents from the bag itself. I can definitely see myself using this as a display tote but also being able to easily fold it up and store it out of the way as well (which is a plus).

This was definitely a nice, cohesive lucky pack and matches with brand profile well. For the price, I think the items are well worth it. I would consider ordering another lucky pack from Honey Cinnamon i the future if the contents aren't too repetitive to this one and I was still looking for some girly and cute but cheap winter items. My favorite item, based mostly on how much I think I might use it due to its versatility, is the outer piece, but I really do like the skirt as well and look forward to seeing how all of these items will integrate into my existing wardrobe over the next season!

4 comments:

  1. So cute! Thank you for sharing with us~
    I really love the tweed skirt... like you said, there's a good reason it's popular lately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - and the tweed material makes so much sense for this shape of skirt!

      Delete
  2. Everything here is so cute! I love the pink sweater and tweed skirt the most! The little pockets on the front are adorable x
    minae ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the combination of the top and skirt works so well! too bad the pockets are fake though haha.

      Delete