Friday, February 4, 2022

EATME vest bustier dress & garter feather knit top

Fukubukuro content is finally done and now we're back to regular shopping! I actually thought that I would be purchasing sale items during January but instead I've been very much won over by spring 2022 full price items 😳

A short, quick unwrapping & try on video posted to YouTube here (will embed when able but link for now) -
click for YouTube


EATME vest bustier OP in black
ベストビスチェワンピース
This is a two-piece item with a "vest" that is a completely separate piece from the main dress. The dress is a square neck with long sleeves and the vest is what introduces the collar and emphasizes the waist. The other two colors for this OP included a contrast color for the vest (beige dress with black vest and mix dress with black vest) and I liked them as well but I decided on the black because I liked the monotone look and how it looks a little like a trench coat.

Dress on its own with EATME ribbon choker and EATME single belt sabo shoes -

with the vest tied in the front -

with the vest tied in the back -

(no vest) with EATME harness belt and EATME double strap pumps -

(no vest) and EATME faux leather cross belt, no brand breton hat and EATME belted pumps -
I definitely like this dress the best with the vest tied in the back but paired with the harness belt comes in a very, very close second. In general, I like most things that can properly emphasize my waist and because the vest is self-tie, it can be tightened how I want and sits at the right spot.

EATME garter feather knit top in black
ガーターフェザーニットTOP
I originally wanted this top in pink (with contrasting black lace and black garter details) and almost pre-ordered it but didn't anticipate it being so popular! It sold so quickly and I was convinced I missed out on my chance. Then, because I browse the webshop daily, I noticed this top re-stocked, just one, in black. I scooped it because I didn't want to miss my chance!

with EATME 2way belted pleats skirt and EATME single belt sabo shoes -

with EATME fukubukuro shaggy knit mermaid skirt and EATME belted pumps -

with Aritzia Sunday Best Olive mini skirt + Maison de Fleur tote -

with DreamV pleated skort and Ank Rouge ribbon lace up sandals -

with EATME (2-way peplum) skirt -

with EATME faux leather zip skirt + Michael Kors manhattan purse -
While my first choice for this top was pink, I do think the black is likely a lot more versatile and I had so many choices for bottoms to pair it with for this post. I also just find it easy to wear in general and it seems to be a good weight for the current weather. It's a little stylish but not too fussy or fancy, and a great purchase. 

I have to admit I had so much fun doing the last few posts and trying all the different coordinates that it helped remind me why I enjoy blogging - despite engagement not really matching my enthusiasm. Truthfully, I know I'd probably have a better chance if I just invested in IG primarily instead of Blogger as my primary social media, but I personally love a blog post lol. I know - I'm old, but I like being able to go into detail and not worry as much about likes on a single post and aesthetic grids and I don't know. Maybe also because I just don't feel like I'm good at IG anymore. 
If you're here and reading this - thank you!

4 comments:

  1. I still enjoy your blog posts! I haven't been commenting lately but I like reading blogs as well and look forward to your posts. :)
    I stopped using Instagram. It's so messy...
    Anyway, I hope all is well and thanks for continuing to update this blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment here! I agree about IG but definitely that's where the engagement is (if you're not willing to use TikTok anyway). Doesn't seem like people want the long form content anymore but it's definitely my preference!

      Delete
  2. I prefer blog posts too! I appreciate the detailed pictures and write-ups!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's good to know it's not just me.

      Delete