Thursday, June 16, 2022

Resexxy back cross flare OP and stretch belt

I got swept up in the Onepiece point promotion campaign on Runway Channel and already had this dress on my radar, so when an additional email coupon came out, I couldn't resist placing an order. I've been spending a lot of time browsing though a bunch of the different Runway Channel brands lately instead of exclusively sticking to the EATME stuff, so that's resulted in a lot more varied shopping!

RESEXXY Back cross flare OP in ivory
バッククロスフレアワンピース
Another midi length dress? Another midi length dress. I have mentioned this a few times already, but I mention it again because it's just such an anomaly in my own mind - I'm really loving midi and below knee length dresses and skirts! This has easily become doubled by being in Japan where it's not actually 80+F most of the year and can actually feasibly wear longer hemlines without feeling suffocated, plus it seems like it's fairly common skirt length here in general that is feminine but can still be casual. This dress is somewhat plain in the front but has a flattering middle panel and cute puff sleeves. The back is the "party" with a low V with criss-crossing straps. I had initially thought about getting the black but switched to ivory after looking through my wardrobe and considering the upcoming season. Pink or blue would have been equally nice (but sold out!)


with Resexxy cross platform sandals + Uniqlo cropped cardigan -

with Liz Lisa cork heel sandals and Liz Lisa big ribbon woven bag 

with Steven Madden Lipa mules -

with Mercury Duo compact faux leather jacket and EATME belted mules -

with Saks Off 5th bow mules + Samantha Vega flutter purse -
The color IRL is really pretty muted and unassuming (which isn't necessarily a bad thing), but not very exciting. I do think this will be a good staple - easy to throw on and nice without being too formal or too casual. There's a number of different shoes that easily match with it as well as so many different purses. I definitely prefer it with my hair up and without an outer, so I'm really looking forward to wearing it during the hotter months!

RESEXXY metal design stretch belt in white
メタルデザインゴムベルト
I wanted to hit some sort of minimum for the order to use a coupon, so I quickly found this belt! I have a similar skinny white stretchy belt from Delyle Noir but unfortunately it's starting to shred, so I knew I needed a replacement soon with summer coming up. This one is nice and simple and I was really glad they had the color I wanted.

with EATME side lace up off shoulder top, Delyle Noir tight skirt and EATME belted mules -
This belt might actually be a little smaller than the other ones I've had! This isn't necessarily a bad thing but not something I had actually considered! It definitely cinches in at the waist. I'm happy to have it as an option and not worry about having the belt leave white flakey specs everywhere.

I'm as pleased as punch with the dress, and I'm actually looking forward to summer a little bit more now that I think I will get some chances to wear it without a cardigan so the back and the big sleeves can shine! That was definitely the highlight of the order and I'm really happy that I have a few shoe options that work with it as well, each giving a slightly different vibe. Bring on the warmer months!

No comments:

Post a Comment