Sunday, June 12, 2022

EATME side pleats cache coeur OP & belted mules

I had an opportunity to head into Tokyo during the weekend following Golden Week and got to benefit from the tail end of some residual promotions. I didn't actually buy very much in Tokyo in general, but did make a purchase from EATME and actually finally tried something on at the store (having visited maybe 3-4 times recently and continually chickening out). 

EATME side pleats cache coeur OP in black
サイドプリーツカシュクールワンピース
I saw the shop staff wearing this dress in beige and had been thinking about it after seeing it online, so I took the opportunity to try it on! I was surprised to see that it's actually secured with buttons down the front side seam and not side zippers like I assumed. The little belts are also actually functional for that same reason. 

with EATME cross x cross rose choker and EATME belted pumps + Uniqlo cropped cardigan -

with EATME fukubukuro cardigan and EATME belted pumps + Michael Kors manhattan purse -

with EATME belted mules -

with EATME cross wedge pumps, Michael Kors manhattan purse + Mercury Duo compact faux leather jacket -
I ended up purchasing this dress in  black based on how I planned to style this piece, but when I got home, I realized, to my internal horror that this dress in black is alarmingly similar to a piece I already have and didn't even get a chance to wear yet - the piping double button OP also from EATME. I had loved that dress in beige (with black piping) but missed out on it and had settled for black. I mean, obviously I really like the style but I can't believe I now have two of basically the same dress in the exact same color *face palm*. The differences are so minor when you look at them side-by-side. 
In any case, I do like this dress individually and have just been increasing my longer dress wardrobe more and more, so I'm sure I'll still find a few opportunities to wear it. 

EATME belted mules in black
ベルテッドミュール
I'd say these really are not my typical style haha. I'm not super into a super pointy toe and also it's such a small heel! However...Japan has definitely had its influence on me. I knew I would want to try these shoes on in store provided that I wouldn't chicken out of talking to the staff to ask, but I was lucky enough that when I tried on two dresses, I was also given these shoes to try on in the dressing room with those items as well. A total win because then I could actually see them paired with the items - which is I'm sure the reason they do it to begin with. I do usually ignore the provided shoes haha.

with EATME side pleats cache coeur OP -

with EATME pintuck pearl button blouse and EATME side belt pleats wide pants -

with EATME front lace up tight OP and Mercury Duo compact faux leather jacket -

with EATME sheer sleeve decolette OP -

with EATME off shoulder tulle OP and EATME fake leather cross belt -

with EATME off shoulder garter OP -

Try-on photos from the day I purchased them!
Once worn, these shoes definitely won me over. The dressing room ones were quite broken in and super comfortable and I really appreciate the glitter heel. I really can't ever imagine myself wearing these in Hawaii but they will be so useful here when I want to be a little dressy (not sneakers) but not have the hassle of a high heel (most other shoes are 10cm+). 100% see myself wearing these from anywhere from work to a theme park (see USJ visit post!) and with and without socks in almost any season, so hopefully I will get my money's worth in the next 2 years!

Despite the similar dress, I am really happy with my purchases and my experience in store (this is more on me and not on the shop staff because I just psyche myself out too much). I'm so, so looking forward to wearing these pieces. I really want to be able to wear the side pleats dress without an outer, so the timing is perfect in the next few weeks! I've already worn the shoes a bit and have some plans for them that I'm quite hopeful for. Can't wait to feature them in future OOTD posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment