Friday, May 20, 2022

EATME front lace up tight OP, double belt shorts & novelty Tshirt

I had allowed myself to buy freely buy a bunch of EATME stuff back in winter because I convinced myself that I needed more winter/long sleeve items, and it didn't make sense to wait for sales to bulk that part of my wardrobe a bit when I needed it right then. But then I took a little bit of a spending break for a couple months as the weather has mellowed and my existing wardrobe can stand on its own. However, I got a little caught up in Golden Week excitement and placed this order without a particular need or price break lol. 

EATME Front lace up tight OP in mix
FRONTレースアップタイトワンピース
I had my eye on this item when the pre-orders had rolled out and liked all three colorways! Initially I had targeted the white top+black skirt version but changed my mind last minute and opted for this dot printed top which is featured this season. I really like the faux 2-piece OPs that are reasonably commonly found from Jfashion brands and how they always form a cohesive outfit!

with EATME cross x cross rose choker and EATME belted pumps -

with EATME fukubukuro cardigan -

with EATME pleats wrap (skirt) and Michael Kors platform sandals -

with EATME belted mules -
I'd say this item is pretty unimpressive on its own, but once I tried it on, I was absolutely in LOVE with the fit of it. Skirt hits at just the right length where it doesn't feel frumpy but also isn't too revealing and the material is nice and smooth without being too heavy. The material of the top is lightweight and perfect for wearing on or off shoulder with the elastic neckline. AND it has a waist tie to help cinch at just the right place! I'm going to enjoy wearing this for going out and for work.

EATME double belt short pants in black
ダブルベルトショートパンツ
This was another item immediately on my radar after seeing it during the preorder period. I was really hoping to wait for a better sale, but I've already had a few opportunities where I wanted to wear shorts but didn't have ones I felt were suitable, so I figured now would be a good a time as any since I didn't want to miss out on them. I do have the faux leather shorts from EATME that I got a few months ago, but I know that during the summer, I'm going to prefer a different material and love that these have pockets.

with EATME front zip lace combination top and EATME single belt sabot shoes -

with EATME feather knit garter top -

with EATME fukubukuro peplum top and EATME belted pumps -

with EATME novelty Tshirt and EATME single belt sabot shoes -
The material is again nice and isn't too heavy while also not feeling filmsy and cheap either. I actually reached out to touch these on a previous trip to EATME (wtf haha) because I wanted to double check on the quality in that regard and I was not disappointed. The cut and tailoring is very nice and I appreciate the length and the fit of the high waist as well.

EATME original graphic novelty Tshirt in black
Truthfully, making a purchase just for this Tshirt probably wasn't a great decision. I don't really need another tshirt, but I can never resist a novelty from a brand I like lol. I'd consider this tshirt to be oversize for me and very comfortable as lounge/roomwear but otherwise pretty bulky for trying to dress up like they did for some of the example photos. The EATME logo and rose on the back are pretty subtle, which is fine. I really have no idea if I would actually take the time to try to style this and wear it out, but I guess I'm happy to have it!

with EATME keyset necklace, EATME pleats wrap skirt and EATME Michael Kors platform sandals

with EATME waist double belt pleat skirt -

with EATME zip faux leather skirt and EATME double strap pumps -
I styled this tshirt as if it were a regular blouse, but I don't anticipate wearing this way very often, if at all. I could possibly see myself incorporating it into a casual outfit for a summer day (something I don't mind sweating in) with a simple skirt like the second outfit perhaps, but unlikely with heels haha. 

An unintentional all black order, but I've gravitated and felt more comfortable in black and neutral colors lately. Even if the items are a little more "trendy", the basic color really helps balance it out and helps me feel a little less self-conscious on days when I really don't feel like standing out. I think that having these two items will still feel like myself but in a less loud way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment