Monday, May 23, 2022

EVRIS flower cross swimwear & Resexxy cross platform sandals

A bit of a random order because I had some limited points expiring and there was a good Outlet sale on Runway Channel! I took the opportunity to start "preparing" for summer compared to a lot of my previous shopping that focused on flooding my wardrobe with long sleeve items that it had severely lacked. Can you go wrong with a bikini and a a good platform sandal in a solid color?

EVRIS flower cross swim wear in black
FLOWER CROSS SWIM WEAR
I do not need this at all, but the price mark down was extraordinary and I had had points expiring so I couldn't resist. I also don't already have a black two piece, so at least it's not super redundant (that's what I'm telling myself anyway)! I basically found this by just doing a Runway Channel search for swimwear since I wanted to see what the brands were releasing this year and was swayed by the outlet price for this one - basically like 80+% off. This is my first purchase from EVRIS and I'm not sure why it wasn't more popular, especially with the sale since this set is really quite wearable!  





The top is bandeau style, so there's no fasteners or clips or ties. There is a bit of padding in it which is something I prefer and the straps are solidly attached but can be easily manipulated to different positions on the shoulder. I would say that the top is not quite as secure as I'd love it to be for a strong current but definitely good for sunbathing or wading and actually a nice fit if it was a fashion top. The bottom is simple but a nice match for the style and I appreciate that they didn't add a bunch of details to it. Overall, I know I'm lucky to fit into a freesize swimsuit, and I was able to take advantage of this good sale price! 

Resexxy cross design platform sandals in brown
クロスデザイン厚底サンダル
I've been wanting an alternate to my super high heel Flag J sandals (seen above with the swimsuit), and these shoes in ivory/light beige would have fit the bill a lot better, but for the price, I wasn't going to pass up this really reasonable brown color! The straps are nice and thick in a very reasonable and somewhat basic design, but I had gambled that that would also make them very comfortable. I had purchased some clothing items from Resexxy before but this is my first shoe order, and I had a lot of hope!

with Michael Kors denim belted mini dress -

with Liz Lisa fishtail OP -

with Ted Baker daaino tie front jumpsuit - 

with Liz Lisa Emma plumeria romper -
I bought my usual size L (US size 7) and the fit is just about perfect. Foot feels secure in the front straps and not too tight. The nice platform in the front and the angle of the heel is surprisingly comfortable and gives me so much height. I wore these out for a casual dinner with friends and had no complaints (although every constantly mentioned how tall I suddenly was). The clip for the buckle did slip off when I was walking down stairs at the end of the night but the strap stayed on so that's what really matters. I think I might just have to adjust the tightness or make sure I catch the top of the strap securely going forward.

A bit of an odd order but definitely worthwhile for the sale and the shoes on their own. I can't wait to wear them out more and be tall!! Not a complete replacement for my other sandals but the closest I've found so far and actually comfortable. I do really need to stop buying swimsuits that I will probably wear once or twice despite mainly living in Hawaii - or maybe I just need to go to the beach more 😎. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment