Friday, January 22, 2021

EATME belt sleeve hood jacket, double belt docking OP, waist double belt skirt, shirt collar pleated wrap OP

This is another summer sale order (essentially like part 2 to this post) but because I just couldn't commit to a non-EMS/SAL shipping method (due to their unavailability through Tenso) so it took a while to get to me. This was consolidated with the previous order so I received them at the same time (another reason why I was so scared for the package to be lost!)

EATME belt sleeve hood jacket in black
ベルトスリーブフードジャケット
I really liked the look of this simple jacket during the spring previews. I even considered getting it early in the season at full price but thankfully waited it out. Because there's minimal graphics on it, I feel like it can be very versatile and match with lots of different styles/outfits. I also really like that there's a hood bc my current black jacket doesn't have one. The cropped length was also very appealing and I think this will be a great option for when I travel during the fall or spring.\

The sleeves have a bit of volume which should have been obvious from the stock photos but still felt a bit bulky when I first put it on. That being said, because of the material, it doesn't feel too heavy and is still a good jacket for transitional seasons! The buckles keeps the sleeve cuff in the right place and the cropped length is just right. I'm sad I missed having this during autumn, but I didn't go out much anyway so I'll just be ready for next year instead!

EATME double belt docking OP in blue
ダブルベルトドッキングワンピース
This was never a dress I had intended to buy and I even thought it was a bit of an awkward design at the beginning, but I think the proportions are a bit more reasonable on someone my height (stock photo model is quite a bit taller) and at the sale price, I thought it was a worth a shot. And tbh the other two dresses I was considering in the sale sold out by the time the I could make up my mind and I still wanted to get something wtf. All three colors were still available during the sale, but I ended up going with blue because I wanted to have a little variety.

I....actually love it?? The high double buckle is actually pretty flattering on my small chest (imo anyway) and the length is cute and fun without being too tight and "sexy". The cut/silhouette of the overall dress hits at the right points on my body and overall it just feels really easy to wear. It does feel a little more like a work dress than a casual dress I'd wear shopping, but I think that it can be a little more fun with different accessorizing too (different shoes and hair accessories).

EATME waist double belt pleated skirt in mix
ウェストダブルベルトプリーツスカート
This is a fairly simple pleated skirt design, so it hadn't initially piqued my interest but a flat lay on EATME's instagram put it back on my radar. When it went on sale, I couldn't resist. Black would have been my preferred colorway but it sold out the quickest (understandable) and this mix color is definitely something I think easily matches with a number of different tops I have so I'm not disappointed.
The waist fit is actually really nice (not unsurprising for EATME actually) and I really like the length as well. The buckles are a cute little detail without screaming "alternative" and the pleats on the sides create some good movement as well. I'm really happy with this purchase and I'm looking forward to pairing it with a bunch of different tops!

EATME shirt collar pleated wrap OP in mix
シャツカラープリーツラップワンピース
This is actually an early Autumn release that I had loved upon seeing the previews. I really like both the inner dress and the complete look with the belted pleated skirt, plus I also just enjoy a good dark check pattern. I really intended to wait for a sale to purchase this but with a 20x point campaign and shipping being such a bitch lately, I thought I would just reward myself and get it now despite having absolutely nowhere to wear it.

This dress did make it to the current sales, so if you like it, please go get it! The inner dress is a bit simple and a bit shapeless but it's especially great with an EATME belt and then having the belted skirt as an option is even better. There will definitely be times when I want to be a bit more toned downed and I'm glad the skirt isn't attached. I'm still trying to figure out the best positioning for it, but it overall feels fun and cute even though the non-tulle side feels a bit uneven/light. Can't wait for the opportunity to wear this one out.

Biggest surprise in this order was definitely the double belted OP but the other 3 were expected to be nice and definitely lived up to their expectations. I even considered getting the 
shirt collar pleated wrap OP in black when it went on sale but sadly that color was sold out by the time I got this package! Since I don't often make very many autumn/winter orders from Japanese brands, the timing of getting these orders was actually kind of nice in a way (once I knew it was actually going to arrive)!

4 comments:

  1. Oh I'm glad you finally received your package !! You must be happy and relieved! Especially since your new EATME clothes are really beautiful! I really love being able to create different combinations and the EATME brand lends itself wonderfully! I guess you buy your clothes in S from this brand. I will be forced to buy M because of my chest :( which is a shame because I am small and sometimes the length of the M will not suit me as much as the S :) I saw a pretty skirt that looks like yours: https://zozo.jp/shop/eatme/goods-sale/53046122/?did=88036641 I think I'll buy it soon! I just hope the price will drop further and it will be available in my size! But at the moment I have to calm down on clothes purchases because I fell in love with the latest collection of the BUBBLES brand ^^ All these photos and comments must take you a lot of time! I admire you for that ^^ I would also like to do as you do, but I will be much less rigorous than you :) See you soon! Emilie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! I agree. I love combining the different separates and using the accessories in different ways :). Trying hard to resist buying a second harness belt because I love how it can change an outfit in such a good way!
      Sizing for women's clothes is such a pain. Hope you will get a bunch of stuff you want!

      Delete

  2. Yes, I also love this belt, yesterday I wore it again ... It totally changes the design of a garment and I find that brilliant. In the end, I hardly put on this belt anymore and I will also be tempted to buy others with a color other than black. I saw that some people sometimes resold this same used belt in white ^^

    ReplyDelete