Monday, January 11, 2021

My Flokk Hag Capisco chair

When we were shopping for new cubicle furniture for work, we went into Fisher Hawaii and I spotted an unusual chair that our salesperson was using! He let us try it since the design was so foreign to us and were all enamored with it. The work furniture order ended up falling through for unimportant reasons, but I always kept this chair in the back of my mind. 

After about a month of teleworking, I reached out to the Fisher rep again and asked if I could personally purchase the chair for myself since I was just using a dining room chair for working at home. It literally took from May to December 2020 in order for me to actually get the chair in my possession, but hey we're still teleworking, so it's still useful! So there's that (although I'd much rather have less pandemic). 

I requested a chair similar to the specific one that the Fisher rep had, so I didn't order from the Flokk category directly, but I believe the model I have is the HAG Capisco Puls 8010
It's just partially upholstered and I didn't get the headrest (both to just save on money and I didn't really think I needed more). I had selected the pink plastic chair with a beige-ish fabric (that turned out pretty dark/more grey irl) and then the white base which is part of what took so long for it to come in!

Here's the chair! The height in these pictures is set to the highest setting, so it's a bit more like a stool.
It's pretty simple but pretty much like I expected it based on the photos. In reality, a black base probably would have been fine since there's other black pieces on the chair anyway, but I do really like the white.

But what matters is actually sitting in the chair. Here's some photos of it at its lowest setting (what I typically use when sitting at the table for work) and then some at its highest height (which I prefer when using it for any other purpose lol). For reference, I'm 5'4" and I feel like this chair is a really good size for me. I think it feels a touch too small for my husband who is 5'9" and a bit broader than me though. 
Front-facing

Side-facing

Rear-facing

So far, I really enjoy sitting it in backwards the most and leaning forward with the backrest as a chest support. I was a bit surprised to find that when taking the photos that it's not completely immodest to sit this way even in a(n a-line) skirt lol. I also unexpectedly quite like the little footrests, although that's likely mostly because I'm working from home and therefore not wearing shoes while sitting on it lol. The little grips on the footrests are quite nice I think. 

As shown in the linked video at the top of the post, there's a few other adjustments you can make to the chair besides height and they're super easy to do with the levers under the chair or on the backrest. Since what feels comfortable may vary depending on how which method you're using to sit on it, it's really nice that it can be adjusted with ease. 

The overall size is also a plus to me. It's not too bulky - I can easily lift and move it around myself. It's also just super cute in our living room area. It's obviously/definitely an improvement on my regular dining room chairs (comfort-wise and aesthetically), especially for working all day. 

Unfortunately, I'm not really an ergonomic chair reviewer so I can't hit on all the special points since I wasn't specifically trying to remedy anything, but in general...I like it! Not 100% sure I can recommend it to everyone due to the price point and also it took 8 months to get to me (although that may be a specific vendor issue), but I'm happy to have it and sit all the different ways! It's definitely brightened up my working from home :)
Let me know if I missed commenting on anything you'd want to know about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment