Sunday, January 17, 2021

EATME harness design lace OP, ballon sleeve set up-like OP, pleats wrap skirt & ring rose earrings

I'm a bit thankful for the international shipping restrictions because that actually helped me use some restraint and wait and wait and wait for the summer sales. Although things weren't completely relaxed by the time I purchased these in late July, I knew it was then or never. However....then because of those same restrictions, I ended up needing to ship these items via boat/surface mail and they didn't arrive to me until almost 2021! (Regardless, I'm happy to have received them at all since lost packages happen.)

EATME harness design lace OP in red
ハーネスデザインレースワンピース
I fell in love with this dress design when I first saw it in the spring/summer previews but I waited patiently for months and it mostly paid off. I was initially very drawn to the black color despite it being a little boring but thought the red was very interesting for the season as well. As it so happens, by the time this dress got to the sale price I was waiting for, the black had just sold out and only red was left in my size - so red it was!
It's a very nice deep red color in person. Not dissimilar to some of Liz Lisa's "bordeaux" but definitely lending more towards red rather than purple/brown. This dress is pretty easy to wear with despite the attached harness. There's a zipper for the dress down the middle in the back and then the harness straps have clips! The black colorway would have been nice as well but I do think this color feels a bit more unique and I'm very happy with it. 

EATME pleated wrap skirt in black
プリーツラップスカート
When this skirt was first released a couple seasons ago, I loved it but couldn't justify paying the full price, especially because at that point I hadn't purchased any EATME items online yet and wasn't 100% sure about the sizing. It had restocked several times during those months and I just kept missing it. Since then, the skirt has resurfaced this season with a higher retail price and an additional "mix" check print option which sold out fairly quickly. I was all set to write it off because a higher price wasn't encouraging but I couldn't resist getting it when I saw the black color in my size available at 40% off (still a bit steep for a skirt but much more reasonable comparably imo). 

This skirt has 2 completely separate pieces. An inner, short, fitted skirt that is nice and well made in its own right and then a "belt" with a skirt attachment. This attachment can't really be worn by itself as it's meant to have an opening, but pairs with the fitted skirt in a lovely way making it way more interesting! It seems like EATME will continue to release designs with these belted skirt options and I got another dress in a separate order with a similar piece (the check and tulle mix belted skirt in the last photo). I really enjoy the versatility and having the option for a more modest skirt shape/silhouette and length while still being flirty with the gap showing the inner skirt. 

EATME ring rose pierce earrings in silver
リングローズピアス
I liked the look of these when they were first released but I hadn't really had a good chance to purchase it over the season, especially with international shipping restrictions. Since I was putting together an order anyway and saw that there was only 1 left (previously sold out actually!), I knew it wouldn't hurt to add these in.
Nothing super interesting to report after receiving them irl. They're pretty much as pictured! Only thing is that maybe they appear more "patinaed" than I anticipated. Not exactly sure how much of this is on purpose (I'm assuming it is based on the stock photos) but they're not a clean/smooth/uniform shiny pewter color and does have some darkening by the rose which makes them appear more "aged" which I think somewhat goes with the aesthetic. 

EATME balloon sleeve set up-like OP in beige
バルーンスリーブセットアップライクワンピース
I liked this dress initially and then it very much fell off my radar for a couple months as it went on sale pretty early on. There isn't anything particularly novel about it but I did like that it came in a beige/grey colorway which I knew I liked from buying this EATME top previously. I also just generally really like faux set up dresses which I think are somewhat unique to Jfashion and at this price, I knew I wouldn't regret getting the last one in my size in this color.
This is way more fun and flattering on than I expected based on the photos! The little bubble sleeves with the lace neckline feel super chic but still fun and the full pleated skirt makes it so easy to wear. This would be an easy dress to just throw on and go. It's not too fussy or fancy and is pretty neutral despite having some really cute details with the collar and the lace. This was actually a stand out from this order because I had such low expectations for it. 

I'm so relieved to have finally received this order and finally try them on and share my thoughts here! Everything was just as I wanted or even better and they were definitely worth the wait. I had consolidated this order with another 4 item EATME order from late summer in the same package - blog post for which is coming up soon :)

4 comments:

  1. The harness design OP is really interesting and I honestly really like it. It's sort of interesting how harnesses, which are usually considered a form of "fetish wear", have found their way in regular, non-alternative fashion. With lolita fashion, very rarely gothic brands will do something involving harnesses and that usually polarizes quite a few people, lol.

    I think the red/bordeaux OP looks really good and suits your skin tone well! I think EATME made a good design choice in having the harness be the same color as the dress, because otherwise it would probably stand out a bit too much and maybe make it more risqué.

    The pleated skirt is really cool too. I like the attachment a lot - I think it takes it to another level, since it sort of gives it an asymmetrical design (when you can see the inner, shorter skirt level).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The harnesses are also all over DreamV which to me signals that they're really quite "mainstream" now lol. (Although DreamV is quite trend heavy in general) I agree that the harness in the same color as the dress was such a smart design choice too! I've considered getting a different standalone EATME belt to help pull some looks together but the price and the heavy fetish implications do give me a little pause (since I like the look but I'm planning to wear a number of these things to work lol).

      Thanks for your thoughts!

      Delete
  2. The red harness dress is really lovely! The contrast of the soft lace and edgy harness is cool. I haven't seen the black one but I also think the red is quite unique. I think it gives it an air of elegance.

    The pleated skirt is a super cool concept and it's great how versatile it is. The asymmetry gives this piece a bit of an edge as well. It looks great with those chunky boots!

    Thanks for the post, I enjoyed reading it :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm glad you think so!
      The shoes are actually just sandals with solid black socks, haha.

      Delete