Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Aritzia Sunday Best top & skirt set + try ons

I love a matching set and I've been loving these Sunday Best pleated skirts recently! I hadn't been willing to pay the retail price for the skirt (probably will break that in the future) but instead was scouring the secondhand sales sites to look for a good opportunity. I was fortunate to find something in my size for a price I was willing to pay and thought it was be super fun to style it a few different ways.

I actually first saw this set on my IG explore page from @zoe.b3an, which they graciously identified as Aritzia and was so pleasantly surprised to find the exact set (top and skirt) in my size on Mercari for a decent price (compared to retail) a few months later.
I do plan to style it a little differently but I love the outfits shown in this reel ^ as well (especially for youthful looks!)

Sunday Best Tuesday Button-Up + Sunday Best Olive Mini Skirt set 
This set! Honestly I'm just kind of in love with matching sets in general and when you add a cropped top into it, it just makes it that much better. This is an actual 2-piece set that I feel like a lot of Japanese brand OPs mimic with their faux 2-piece silhouettes. Granted, the OPs are a little easier to wear but actually having two separates is just so much more fun to style!

with EATME ribbon choker, offbrand OTK socks and EATME single belt sabot shoes -

with EATME logo ribbon cap and Vessi Weekend Chelsea -

with Michael Kors Jamie stretch OTK boots + EATME shaggy knit cardigan -

with Michael Kors Bensen cut out boots + GU oversize MA-1 blouson -

with Liz Lisa ankle chain OTK boots + Honey Cinnamon fluffy cropped collared jacket -

with Aritzia/Sunday Best Freshman cropped turtleneck, One Spo beret and EATME single belt sabo shoes -

with EATME belted pumps + Material Girl faux leather jacket -
It was so easy to create coordinates with this set. The plaid makes matching the secondary/tertiary colors a no brainer and luckily I still have a decent selection of black shoes for a bunch of different occasions. I was able to dress it down or make a more cutesy look with just changing a few accessories. Because of my height, there is often a little peekaboo of skin between the hem of the top and the waist of the skirt which isn't my preference, but I still think the proportions look OK!

Sunday Best Tuesday Button-Up (solo)
This is a little cropped button down that's very cropped lol. It's fairly simple in its design and I can't see myself having purchased it if I wasn't able to get the matching skirt, especially in this particular color. However, I have been leaning into cropped length tops lately so it's been fun to try this style out.

with EATME fitted skirt and EATME single belt sabo shoes -

with EATME fukubukuro shaggy knit mermaid skirt and DreamV cross strap pumps -

with DreamV pleated skort and offbrand breton hat and Michael Kors Benson cut out boots -

with Forever21 joggers and Vessi Weekend Chelsea -

with Bebe tight skirt and Jessica Simpson Dany sandals -
I had initially anticipated this top being very difficult to style with anything other the matching skirt, but it ended up being a lot of fun to try some different combinations. Admittedly, some work better than others, but because of this blog post, I was able to find some slightly unexpectedly ones (to me, anyway) that I'm actually really fond of. This top might just be pulled from the closet on more occasions than just when I want a preppy/cutesy matching set!

Sunday Best Olive Mini 15" Skirt  (solo)
I have a soft spot for plaid and when you add it to a pleated skirt, it really can't be beat. I've been trying on Sunday Best's pleated skirts at Aritzia every time I'm trying to kill some time at the mall and every time I flinch at the retail price. Based on that, I felt that this was such a good opportunity to finally get my hands on one.

with Aritzia/Sunday Best Freshman cropped turtleneck and Michael Kors Bensen cut out boots  //  with One Spo beret and DreamV cross strap pumps -

with EATME fukubukuro peplum top and EATME belted pumps -

with EATME button decolette blouse and EATME belted pumps -

with Uniqlo cropped pullover and Vessi Weekend Chelsea -

with DreamV backcross bralette and DreamV cross strap pumps + Ank Rouge key embroidery cardigan and offbrand thick headband -

with EATME 2-way side lace up top and DreamV cross strap pumps + EATME fukubukuro shaggy knit cardigan -
This skirt is actually a little shorter than I expected based on some of the try-ons I did in store, but I luckily it's not unwearable! Even the size seemed a little different the first time I put it on but I might also contribute that to holiday weight gain wtf - after a few weeks had passed, it's either stretched (would only be a minor amount due to the type of material) or I just needed to stop eating so much popcorn lol. As expected, the skirt is quite easy to style - pretty much any black or white top matches VERY easily and it was difficult to choose just a few for this post, but I hope I still managed to include a bit of variety!

Aritzia in-store try ons

I actually didn't really consider going into this store much but I saw some influencers (for lack of a better word) try on some cute stuff, so I thought it would be worth a quick look at least. In my first visit, I was lucky enough to get the 1 dressing room with the mirror inside (not having to leave the room to see what I looked like). I came in with the cropped white top and jeans.

Second time, I had to go out but said fuck it and took selfies anyway lol. (Top and skirt are what I was trying on. I came in with the beret and cardigan.)

Just to kill time - trying on a turtleneck, skirt and Tuesday button-up

This post has been drafted for a while because I had purchased this set on Mercari and immediately went to draft it because I was pretty excited about styling it. But then the seller and I had some odd communication issues (both of our faults) and then basically stopped talking. I got a refund from Mercari and then deleted the portion of this post with the green set because I didn't think there was a way to get it. Somehow a green skirt & top set was put up for sale on Mercari again in my size but this time from a different seller and I was happy to resurrect this post! The photos are simple but I hope it was still fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment