Thursday, November 19, 2020

Liz Lisa fishtail long OPs in white, deep pink and black

Unfortunately I still haven't received some of my purchases that I was expecting this month, so here's a filler post 😬. I didn't realize that I hadn't had a chance to properly blog about these anyway in my regular format, so hopefully it's not too boring regardless of the subject not being entirely new!

This γƒ•γ‚£γƒƒγ‚·γƒ₯テールロングワンピース fishtail long OP from Liz Lisa was first released in summer 2018 but has been very popular and rereleased with slight design or color variation in the time since! 


I first purchased it in white from the Liz Lisa store in Harajuku back in Summer 2018.
I don't make it a habit of buying bright white dresses, especially as a solid color (versus with a print), and especially not long ones, but this one was so pretty and angelic feeling! I like how the lace along the neckline stands out well and the translucence of the overskirt particularly in this color as well. Another big plus is that I feel like I can easily wear a fun, pop-of-color shoe with this colorway like yellow or a cute pink. I think only this first version has a little bit of pleat detail on the sleeves and a vertical detail down the skirt. 
(I actually ended up getting married in this dress even though I found it a little cliche to wear a long-ish white dress haha.) 

I knew I liked the white version but had no problem getting another color in Spring 2019 and decided on deep pink.
I really liked the white but I wanted another color that I thought would be a little less "fragile". I actually purchased this dress from the Shibuya 109 Liz Lisa while I was on a trip. It was only 1 of 2 Liz Lisa items I bought and I did want it to be an option to wear while I was traveling (although I didn't actually end up wearing it there). I had a hard time picking between the regular (paler) pink and this color because they're pretty similar but my husband helped me make the choice and I think it was the right one. I don't know if the color is picked up very accurately in these photos, but there is a little bit of a reddish purple lean to it. 

Last but not least, I saw that a black version was released in Summer 2019 and hopped right on it.
This was my second black Liz Lisa item I purchased and it just seemed so different from the other colors I had that I knew it would be worth getting! (I also wanted something else I could wear with the black Liz Lisa sandals I planned to purchase haha.) This dress has a lot of the features that I like about the white version but it just has such a different feel to it and I'm not disappointed in the purchase. I know there will be some occasions that I'll want to wear this style of dress but white might not be reasonable and I'll want something a little more subdued. 

As I mentioned, this is just a quick little post about some items that didn't get a post highlighting them very well in the past. Now that I've been trying to regularly do Reels on IG, I'm working in as many multiples (same item, different colorways) as I can since they make for the best transitions in my opinion. This dress is definitely one that I wanted to feature especially since I love the way the skirt moves, and I figured why not make a blog post using the worn photos/video I already filmed ;)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love these dresses! I have the same in navy blue and I hesitate to buy it in mint blue. I put it on unfortunately that in summer do you have an idea to wear it to another season of the year? Indeed, I live in France, so I can wear it very rarely ...Emilie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am fortunate (or unfortunate - depending on how you think about it!) to live in a place that feels like summer all year, but I think it would be really cute with a cropped puffy jacket. I'm not so sure about how to style it so your legs wouldn't get cold though :(

      Delete