Saturday, November 7, 2020

EATME 2-way one shoulder irregular hem OP, decolette peplum OP, choker design rib top

I was very hesitant to make another order that required Tenso while I still didn't have regular EMS or airmail available, but I just worked a bunch of OT at work and was determined to splurge a bit for the items and also use DHL to ship (and not break the weight threshold for the huge price hike wtf). 
This order was timed with the EATME 6th anniversary campaign. For this week, it was Buy 2, get 10% off or Buy 3, get 20% off. So of course I bought 3 things πŸ˜…. All were already a bit on sale to begin with, so I thought it would be a good time to purchase!

2-way one shoulder irregular hem OP in black 
I really fell in love with the design of this OP when I first saw it in the initial season preorders. I had initially been very set on the mix color (which is like a beige-ish light check pattern), but after a bit, I began to see the value in the solid color and thought the black was very chic and a bit more versatile! The retail price for this dress is a bit higher than I'm typically comfortable with (when considering having to ship DHL as well), so I was very happy that my preferred color made it to even a minor sale!

without the little vest -

with EATME cross strap faux leather belt -

with the asymmetrical vest -

Even though this dress was a little pricier, it does come with a choker (cross charm is removable) and the little "vest" (for lack of a better term that I can think of right now) that also somewhat serves as a belt. I really thought I would love the dress best with the little vest, but because the wrap around belt has to be adjusted/sit just right, I think my preference is actually with the cross strap belt! My only other complaint about the dress is that the thin shoulder strap is a little long so it sits a bit awkwardly under the vest as well. If it was adjustable or removable as well, that would be the best. The other full sleeve shoulder holds the dress up really well anyway. Aside from that, I love the length and the slight high-low skirt hemline and I'm happy that I got this on sale.


Decolette peplum OP in mix
I haven't been following EATME for very long, but I can tell that this is one of the OP designs that they must slightly revamp and release every year. It's got that classic contrast collar and sleeve cuff + the garter detail that are so iconic to the brand. This was another OP that I had my eye on immediately from the season preview and have been monitoring for price. 

with off brand gatsby hat -
This dress has quite a bit of an OL aesthetic. Too bad I won't be going into the office very often, but I think to wear it more casually, I have to pick certain hairstyles that are less "prim". I do like the color combination and am happy to add another EATME piece to my wardrobe in this palate. I just think it coordinates so easily with solid black shoes/accessories!


Neck choker design ribbed top in green
Unlike the other two dresses in this post, I hadn't been pining for this top for months. It was more something to throw in the cart to get that additional 10% off but also something not too pricey. I did almost get a third OP instead, but after I looked at my existing pieces, I thought it would be more fun to get an item in the seasonal color (this pale green) and add some variety to my blouse collection!

with EATME faux leather zipper skirt -
The exact shade of green is a little difficult to capture with my iPhone 7, but it's a really nice pale green irl. I like this top a lot more than I thought I would and the little frill detail is interesting without it being overbearing or too obnoxious. I've never really felt like I can pull off a big/puffy shoulder, so this feels like the right amount of volume for me. The choker detail also fits pretty well (not too long or too short). Overall, I'm happy with this wildcard purchase. 

I have to tell you....I have 2 orders from August that I am desperately waiting to come in via SeaMail and I'm so impatient! They finally reached the US on October 23 and are supposedly in customs, and I'm a bit concerned it might get lost, especially with all the election mail and then the holidays coming up :(.  I can't wait to share them with you so I'm crossing my fingers that I actually get it because it's 8 EATME items from summer that I'm really looking forward to!

Meanwhile...EATME Wardrobe Masterpost updated with these 2 dresses and 1 top πŸ’•

6 comments:

  1. Long time lurker, first time poster. I was shocked that you were wearing these without tights, but I live in NYC so it’s frigid right now. Out of curiosity, how would you style these items if it were cooler? Or would you opt for something else?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment! I'll be honest - I don't put as much effort into styling for winter as maybe I should, but it's mid November and I'm still just sitting at my dining room table and sometimes literally dripping with sweat in the early afternoon bc it's so crazy humid here still! (As gross as it is, it's not an exaggeration about Hawaii's climate >,<). I wish I didn't have to use AC to just even be comfortable shooting these photos!

      If took these pieces on a trip to NY or some place that actually experiences cooler weather, I would definitely, at minimum, pack some boots! Off the top of my head, maybe a black, lace up ankle boot would easily match with most of these. I'd have to experiment a little more to see how each item would look with slim OTK boots, but those might work as well and provide more warmth as well. The irregular hem OP might also layer nicely with a turtleneck.
      I also have a black cropped jacket that I ordered (stuck in customs right now) that I would pack or maybe my faux leather jacket.
      But if it's much colder, I would probably also just easily style with a black coat - similar to how a lot of the EATME shop staff is coordinating outfits right now. Unfortunately, I don't even own a black coat :|. I almost scooped one up on sale, but in the end, couldn't justify the purchase since I don't have any trips planned (thwarted by COVID) and definitely don't have any use for one in HI!

      I'll definitely try to put some winter looks together after my 8 item order comes in! (Maybe not in those exact posts but as a follow up.) I definitely love styling for winter except that I suffer so much when I'm trying to shoot for it as I run my AC as little as possible, haha.

      Delete
  2. The black dress is so cool! I like it best with the vest, too bad it's not as nice as you anticipated. The other items are nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely still like the aesthetics of the vest but just need to get used to how it fits! Might just need to fuss around with it a little more :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. like the mix between edgy and girly from this brand. I think you'll be able to get a lot of use from the top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too! Thanks! Cant wait until it's safe to go out more :)

      Delete