Sunday, August 9, 2020

Ted Baker Daaino jumpsuit, Luuciee dress, Bardot off shoulder peplum dress & Bow detail peplum dress

This post features two Ted Baker London items I ordered from the Ted Baker official webstore and two Ted Baker London items I ordered from Nordstrom Rack.
I've been on a bit of a Ted Baker kick lately [previous posts - Ted Baker Nanina dress, Ted Baker Tilliai dress, Ted Baker secondhand dresses & skirt] ever since I realized they had an existing size that fits my body pretty well. However, I'd never ordered from the Ted Baker site directly before and had only ever bought direct via their physical store (which for obvious reasons was closed for much of the time I've been online shopping lately). The shipping to HI seems to be around $40 flat rate for even just a single phone case, so I enlisted the help of a friend to forward some items I ordered from CA (where I could ship to for free) to Hawaii for about half the price.
Over the self-isolation period, I also realized department store retailers like Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack, Bloomingdales and Selfridges were other great Ted Back stockist options that had current products and often similar if not better sales than the official webstore with free or cheaper shipping! After pouring over my options and trying to determine the best pricing over the last several months, this is what I was excited to receive:

Ted Baker Daaino Tie front jumpsuit in Olive
(purchased from Ted Baker)
This was the item I was most excited about from all of the other items in this post. It's a bit wacky but I fell in love with the design and I think because I had my nails painted a similar jade color at the time, I knew I had to have it. There's also something really fun about the faux 2-piece appearance with the little colorful triangles and open back. I also really get a kick out of the removable lemon keychain.

with Flag J sandals -
I had anticipated the pant length to be a few inches too long (I'm no 5'11" model), but was hoping it wouldn't need crazy alterations. A handful of inches from the pants hem and it's actually quite wearable. It's quite roomy in the bust for me (a review I had seen mentioned that it was small up there so I must be exceptionally less endowed). Other than that, it's just about as I expected and I definitely look forward to wearing it for all sorts of different occasions.

Ted Baker Luuciee Ruffle detail skater dress in Black
(purchased from Ted Baker)
This was a bit more of an impulse buy since I was looking for something to throw in my cart to get free domestic shipping if possible. I wouldn't say this is a silhouette I'm typically drawn to with the ruffles accentuating the shoulders especially but the price was quite discounted so I didn't think I could go wrong with a black dress with a few fun details.

with Betsey Johnson bijou necklace, Betsey Johnson wedge pumps -

+ Evelyn bijou belt

+ EATME faux leather cross belt

with DreamV cross strap pumps
This dress can easily be styled with other black accessories and look super classic, but when I purchased it, I knew it would be fun to jazz up with a fun necklace or a bright colored shoe or purse. I didn't have the best opportunity to do so for these worn photos, but I definitely have some plans for changing up my accessories with this dress when I can actually wear it out.

Ted Baker Bardot off the shoulder peplum waist dress in Navy
(purchased from Nordstrom Rack)
Not gonna lie, I was mostly swayed by the price for this one and not much else. This is a dress I know I can easily wear to work and can be styled up for a fancier occasion if need be with a statement necklace. I love a well-fit fitted dress and that's what I'm looking for Ted Baker to provide based on what I knew of the past pieces I purchased. I'm generally just a sucker for an off shoulder neckline and have been finding peplums really flattering lately!

with Liz Lisa bijou necklace and Jessica Simpson Dany sandals -

+ Evelyn bijou belt
It's quite a nice fit, even a bit snug. It seems like the bodycon type dresses from Ted Baker fit me just around how I would prefer but anything else is a bit looser for some reason. The off shoulder "sleeves" are very secure and after wearing it all day at work, they completely stayed put. I also really like the length for this dress and the peplum hitting me just about at the right spot.

Ted Baker Bow detail peplum dress in Black
(purchased from Nordstrom Rack)
Threw this in my cart last minute (similar to the other black dress) to help get free shipping. I was a bit nervous about the length (especially based on what was in the listing description) being too long, but the modeled photos made me feel a little more comfortable - hoping that this one wouldn't be too dissimilar to the other dresses I had.

with Nine West sandals -

+ Evelyn bijou belt -

+ EATME faux leather cross belt
The length turned out to be a bit long but not so much that I feel like it needs alterations. I think this will make a great work dress and will easily match with a ton of different shoe options. Although there's an implied belt on the dress, I think the Evelyn bijou belt actually adds quite a nice accent and focal point that's still sophisticated. The EATME cross belt adds a little more of an edge and helps emphasize my waist a little more.

Tried my best with the outdoor pictures again but honestly this is not my favorite in the summer lol. When the wind blows, the mirror moves or my hair looks wacky but when it's not blowing, it's wayyyy too hot and humid. I also haven't been able to figure out a good spot/time for lighting but I'll give it a few more chances when I'm up to it. (Not giving up yet!)

6 comments:

  1. The jumpsuit is fab! I never noticed the little key chain on it for some reason? Love the flares on the pants though! I actually really like flares. Love the Navy dress as well - it's so flattering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All these Ted Baker dresses are kind of convincing me that I need to buy Ted Baker dresses the next time I shop for work appropriate clothing lol. My only concern is that since I'm very short, the placement of everything might be off. I especially like the bardot one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are kind of made for taller people but I dont find the proportions for the torso part to be too off for me and I'm not particularly tall either! (Some stuff could definitely use a hem though)!

      Delete
  3. Hi,
    What size are you wearing on the Daaino jumpsuit? Would you sell it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I wear size 0 for Ted Baker. I'm not currently considering selling the jumpsuit right now.

      Delete