Sunday, March 8, 2020

Michael Kors OTK boots, pumps, bluetooth earbuds & Ted Baker dress purchases

Here are some of my recent acquisitions over the last month or so! I was surprisingly still able to find some pretty good leftover winter sales + president's day holiday. As my wardrobe is slightly shifting/changing, I'm looking to fill different voids, especially in regards to accessorizing and what I wear to work, and I'm always happy to find a good sale.

Michael Kors Jamie Stretch Over-the-knee mid heel boot in black
I was really looking for an alternate shoe to wear with my EATME items and even though a long boot isn't super practical in Hawaii (especially with winter ending and summer weather already approaching), I couldn't resist the sale on these! I almost purchased a similar style pair from DreamV for half the price but I really like the subtle chain detail on the heel and thought this material might be a little better for me. (Plus once shipping is added to the DreamV pair, the cost differential is pretty minimal!)
The fit is actually quite nice. I bought these in my regular size and the foot part is comfortable with just the right amount of wiggle room if I wanted to wear thicker socks. The shaft of the boot isn't too wide or too narrow for my leg and the top actually stays up quite well even when walking or taking the stairs. The material is a little like suede but seems a little bit different(?). Either way, I'm really happy with my purchase and I'm kinda sad I won't get to wear these throughout the year due to the weather.

Michael Kors Petra suede platform pump in black
I saw these during a good KORSVIP sale and thought they'd be a reasonable general dupe for some of the EATME pumps that I've seen over the last year (here's this season's. The MK pumps are obviously not exactly the same but the overall silhouette is similar enough for what I wanted). They were in stock in my size when I first noticed them but I couldn't commit at the time. When I finally decided on getting them not 10 hours later, they were out of stock fml but kept becoming un/available on the online website extremely sporadically over the following week and a half. I kept refreshing the page throughout the day hoping to get the size 7, but eventually gave up when I saw that 7.5 was available and took it. Lo and behold, the very day that the 7.5 pair arrives in the mail, the size 7 restocks -__-
Of course, the 7.5 pair is obviously half a size too big, but I think I'm used to wearing shoes that are just barely too big from wearing Japanese size L for the last few years lol. I did end up returning them to get the 7 during another sale, but wouldn't have if it weren't for the additional discount. My favorite detail is definitely the angular heel. The shoe is actually really lightweight for what it looks like and I think will be reasonably comfortable for that reason. Although I primarily bought these to have another shoe option for my EATME coordinates, I think they'll work nicely as a general work shoe as well. I used to have so many different pairs of black shoes but reduced them a lot when I started ramping up with Liz Lisa and now I think there's going to be another shift.

Michael Kors annual gift - bluetooth wireless earbuds
I created a KORSVIP account when I purchased my beloved Michael Kors Manhattan medium purse in black last year and the purchase qualified me for a Backstage level membership! One of the perks is an annual gift which really isn't described anywhere that I can tell. I got an email in early February that my gift was ready to pick up from any Michael Kors Lifestyle store and after calling the Ala Moana location to confirm, I went the same day to check it out!
My choices were a black logo monogram handkerchief, a gold KORS keychain/charm or Airpod-esque bluetooth earbuds. I have absolutely no use for the first two items (although I would have been happy to receive them free if I had no other choice), but since I still don't have wireless headphones, I was super excited to get them at no cost.
They don't seem to work flawlessly, but admittedly I'm pretty bad at technology and bluetooth, so it's not unlikely that it's user error. The main problem is that the earbuds are too big to be comfortable in my ears, but I knew that would likely be the case (and why I never thought to purchase AirPods). When I can connect them properly, they definitely get the job done and I think they're really nice to have.

Ted Baker Tilliai Bluebell bodycon racerback dress
Since I was at the mall to pick up my MK gift, I also stopped at Ted Baker to see if they still had any year end sale items in stock. I was super lucky to find this dress still available in my size! I saw it online but the shipping to Hawaii for pretty much any item starts at $40?? In store shopping only for me I guess lol.
After getting the Nanina dress in December, I've definitely fallen in love a little bit - partially due to Ted Baker's prints but mostly due to the fit of these dresses! I often have a hard time finding (adult) "women's" clothes that fit me properly off the rack in the US, but these fit like a dream! Because of the retail price and the cost of shipping from their online store, I don't think I'll be a routine customer, but I'm definitely going to try to be keeping track of their sales :)

Since I'm not doing the monthly posts this year, but still want to share purchases/acquisitions of note, I'm trying to group them together by "genre" more or less and then in monthly increments unless I feel like something in spectacular enough to stand on its own.
Let me know what you think about separating these "other shopping" posts out from my jfashion purchases. I plan to keep the format pretty similar but I just feel like organizationally/topically they should be separate. Should each item be its own post? Sorted by brand? Doesn't even matter? Feedback is welcome as always!

No comments:

Post a Comment