Friday, July 31, 2020

A week of work outfits - July 2020

I was called back to work in the office in mid-July for a week, so here's a short return of my work OOTDs! We have been leaving the house very sparingly since the pandemic started, so even though I don't agree with my work leadership's decision to "increase the physical presence" in the office amid rising COVID positive tests, at least I can get some blog content out of it.

Day 1 -
DreamV lace choker top, Ted Baker Blayyke peach ruffle fitted skirt, Jessica Simpson Dany sandals and Kate Spade New York purse
When I was trying to plan out my outfits for the week, this skirt was my #1 priority. It's fun but still very work appropriate and I thought I needed something like that for my first full day back in the office.

Day 2 -
Ted Baker bardot off shoulder peplum dress, Liz Lisa bijou necklace, Flag J sandals and Liz Lisa scallop ribbon shoulder bag
I haven't had a chance to blog this dress yet, but I purchased it when I saw it on sale during the stay-at-home orders and knew there wouldn't be a lot of other opportunities for me to wear it. Since I had bought it with the intention to wear it to work anyway, this just seemed to make the most sense to me. (Expect to see more photos and details about this dress next month!)

Day 3 -
EATME sheer sleeve decollete OP, Liz Lisa many ribbon boater hat, DreamV cross strap pumps and Liz Lisa heart spindle purse
In an attempt to make this mix check print dress more "summery", I thought I'd try to pair it with a boater hat that had a bit of a similar color scheme. I did an IG story poll to see what people thought about it and although the majority who responded thought it was fine, I don't think I'll do this exact combination again. I do love the hat but I'll probably stick to pairing it with sweeter themed outfits in the future.

Day 4 -
Liz Lisa fishtail long OP, Liz Lisa lace up back sandals and Liz Lisa heart spindle purse
It seemed like I was going for a darker/black color theme for the week, but I did want to incorporate some Liz Lisa, so I immediately thought of this fishtail OP. Since it's summer and pretty humid lately, I wanted to take advantage of the AC in the office to wear something with a longer hemline. (It was even cold enough for me to use my blanket as a cape lmao.)

Day 5 -
EATME dot tulle off shoulder blouse, EATME 2-way peplum skirt, EATME single belt sabot shoes and Michael Kors manhattan purse
Despite thinking it's stupid to have to go into the office (during this specific time), I was glad that I finally had an opportunity to wear this skirt that I received shortly after the stay-at-home orders started. It's been waiting patiently in my closet and I'm happy with the simple outfit I created.

Bonus day -
 Liz Lisa sweet confiture jumperskirt, Liz Lisa cardigan, DreamV cross strap pumps, Samantha Vega bijou ribbon purse 
I went into the office for just half a day at the end of the month to do some updates to my work computer and decided I wanted a girlier contrast to the darker outfits I had selected for the previous week. The sweet print and design of this jumperskirt was just the right amount of cute without being too fussy.

Since I only have 6 outfits for this post, I thought the variety between the office setting and my mirror pictures once I got home after work would be nice. As you can see, a tilted mirror is much more flattering but also just so unrealistic in terms of body proportions. (In fact, in the office, I have to tilt my phone forward to get a full length picture so my body is even more stunted in those than it is irl.) Let me know what you think about this format and whether you prefer one or the other! I like to have the in-office photo because my hair+make up etc are still fresh compared to when I get home 9+ hours later but I'll try to keep any feedback in mind! My curls in the morning usually don't make it past lunch during the summer :\

I was able to safely work from home for the rest of the month, but it seems like they're requesting that we come in to the office for about a week at a time per month regardless of the COVID case numbers, so let me know if you have suggestions for an outfit theme next month!

2 comments:

  1. You always have the most amazing classy looks. I'm in love with a lot of these! Especially that blue Ted Baker one <3

    Hope everything is well. I know it can be a little nerve wrecking going into work nowadays. But as long as you are careful that's all you can do really. I've been working since last month but for very short times lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're definitely our best to stay safe (to be honest - it's some of the other people in the office that I don't fully trust lmao). Hope you are well!

      Delete