Friday, March 17, 2017

Buyee purchases 9 - Liz Lisa x My Melody 3rd collab OP, 17th anniversary cardigan, 2013 fukubukuro tote and My Melody 40th anniversary parka

Although I wasn't planning on making another Yahoo Auctions/secondhand order so soon, a few things came up that I knew I didn't want to miss, so ofc I had no choice but to add a couple other items to round out the order. I actually received this package in late December, but with all the trip posts and other more important items to post about, this one got delayed!

Liz Lisa x My Melody 3rd collab OP in pink; Condition: Used -
https://twitter.com/LLGals/status/399172978618814464/photo/1
This was the last piece I was looking for to feel like my Liz Lisa x My Melody collab OP "mini collection" was complete (up to 10th collab at the time). This isn't to say that I have all the items from all the collabs, but just that this was OP I needed to satisfy my own standard. The item condition was listed as used but since this was my first choice of color and there weren't an abundance of negative reviews for the seller, I decided it was worth my maximum bid.
with Liz Lisa pom pom earrings and Liz Lisa (pom pom) pumps + Samantha Thavasa purse -

with Liz Lisa OTK boots + Liz Lisa batwing knit -

with Liz Lisa heart organza pumps + Liz Lisa peplum cardigan and Liz Lisa x My Melody 9th collab cherry tote -
I think this OP is just about what I expected except the pleats do add a bit more volume in the skirt. The lace is soft and not itchy but does pil easily and as a result it's easy to tell this is certainly a previously owned and used item. I like that the ribbon tie can be worn tied in the front, side or back and I do find the overall shape reasonably flattering. It's almost hard to believe that this is the kind of OP that the MM collabs started with considering where they are now.

Liz Lisa 17th anniversary sleeve fur embroidery cardigan in white; Condition: New -
http://www.tokyokawaiilife.jp/shop/liz-lisa/item/view/shop_product_id/39026
This item was still listed at TKL when I purchased it, so I have the item information - ☆17th Anniversary☆袖ファー刺繍カーディガン (162-3026-0)! I already purchased not one but two of the 17th anniversary key frame skirts, so given the opportunity to get the matching cardigan, I figured why not try? Berri also has the cardigan and the more overseas twinning opportunities, the better :P.
with Liz Lisa x My Melody 8th collab vol 2 snow OP and Liz Lisa (pom pom) pumps -

with Ank Rouge blouse, Ank Rouge skirt and Liz Lisa 3D flower pumps -

with Liz Lisa 17th anniversary key frame skirt and Liz Lisa OTK boots -
No big surprises here - it's a great cardigan with a few cute details. I really like that the fur cuffs are removable and I think I see myself being able to wear it without them a lot in Hawaii. The material is warm but not too heavy and the length is nice as well.

Liz Lisa 2013 fukubukuro Royal Rose tote; Condition: New -
The item description was very confusing for this listing because it seemed to just be a generic copy/paste from the person's other listings, and I wasn't able to find specific information about the items in the photo. The name of the listing and the picture implied to me that there would be 3 bags included including 2 of the Liz Lisa totes from the 2013 Royal Rose fukubukuro. I had purchased that lucky pack and really enjoyed using the large size tote as a travel carry on bag. However, the faux leather details on the bag had started to shred because...well, fake leather and lots of carefree use and shoving it under airplane seats and being 4 years old. And truly these fukubukuro totes aren't meant to be "forever" bags since they are practically free with your purchase. In any case, even though I still had a lot of use for it, I knew I had to let it go. I used my 2016 My Melody fukubukuro tote bag for my recent trip to the east coast of the US in November and even though the bag itself is super cute, it just doesn't have as much room as the 2013 tote and I found myself missing the 2013 version. I was happy to find this listing on Yahoo Auctions which I was hoping was actually 2 of the bags.
with Liz Lisa x My Melody 3rd collab OP, Liz Lisa batwing knit and Liz Lisa OTK boots -
As it turns out, there was just one bag but at least it was the one I wanted. I definitely overpaid for this considering it's not 3 large totes, but I'm just glad to have a replacement at all. I've already used this on my January 2017 Japan trip and I'm sure I will use it in future trips as well.

Liz Lisa My Melody 40th anniversary Shibuya 109/web limited parka; Condition: New w/o tags -
http://blog.crooz.jp/lizlisa109/ShowArticle/?no=2658
This was more of an impulse thing and I was sure someone would have outbid me, but apparently that's not the case lol. That being said, I do think it's super cute and I don't really have any regrets about buying it, but I do wish I paid less for it overall (considering fees and shipping). That being said, compared to the price I usually see it for in secondhand sales, what I paid for it NWoT isn't terrible.
with Aimer Feel ruffle shorts, Liz Lisa x My Melody 40th anniversary Shibuya/Web-limited ribbon headband and One Spo triangle pom pom earrings + Liz Lisa x My Melody 6th collab pillow -
It's a cute loose fit and really comfortable like it should be. The material isn't thick like fleece so I might actually be able to wear it in Hawaii occasionally. Although I don't have the matching shorts from this collaboration, my Aimer Feel ruffle shorts are a decent replacement and match nicely with the blue accents in the print.

I was able to get two items I really felt like I needed in this order and also just ended up buying two frivolous things. I am glad I got the large tote to replace the one I had to dispose due to deterioration and I know it'll definitely be useful on future trips. The third collab OP fills a gap where I didn't even realize I had one until recently and I already ended up wearing it to work once earlier this year when we had a slightly colder spell. I am trying more actively to reduce certain areas of my wardrobe now though, so please check out my secondhand sales page if you're interested!

6 comments:

  1. That huge melody tote would be so useful as a weekend bag! I always struggle to fit everything into a small tote/backpack and that one is adorable and big enough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I love it for that! It can easily fit so many things.

      Delete
  2. Did you dayre this way earlier or am I seeing double fml. I'm so confused. Great haul though! The MM collab dress is really nice and I'm glad you got a new bag to replace the old one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup Dayre'd back in December https://dayre.me/emiiichan/8H6xOtVyu4
      I usually Dayre immediately and blog post when its convenient lol.

      Delete
  3. I've got a buyee haul coming myself. Do you know how to use the EMS discount?

    I really like that jacket too. I was going to say in my insta comment, do you have an air conditioner in your house? or even a floor fan? That could help with the heat when you take pictures!

    I also think your shoe collection is to die for. Every outfit you post is always the best because of your beautiful shoes (L)_(L)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe if you hit the minimums and you "received" the coupon then it should be easy to apply. I haven't used it myself but I have used a kind of similar one before.
      I don't have AC lol. I'm still living with my parents for now (but hopefully moving out when I find an acceptable place) so I don't see myself getting one installed either. I also have a tower fan but honestly it's not enough on most days haha. The humidity that builds over 2-3 hours really gets intolerable quickly.

      I'm glad you notice the shoes! I actually try my best not to repeat any throughout the post (which is what ends up requiring quite a bit of planning depending on the # of outfits and palette) but that was one of the things I was thinking about dropping. I looked back on past posts and I've had some where I wore the same pair of shoes for every single outfit and I'm not sure that it really took away from anything but I'm not sure.

      Delete