Monday, October 17, 2016

Tokyo Kawaii Life order 43 - Liz Lisa cape glen check OP & Liz Lisa English rose suspender skirt

I didn't want to make this order and yet I had to. Both of these items were promoted in the earliest photos and both caught my eye for different reasons. I had hesitated several times and watched them sell out and thankfully restock in the webstore, and I knew I didn't want to let them get away from me completely while I had a chance.

Cape glen check OP in beige (162-6007-2)
ケープ付グレンチェックワンピース
https://twitter.com/lizlisaofficial/status/772703628385669121
I wanted this dress almost instantly when I saw the first photos of it, but I just couldn't pull the trigger for some reason (partially the price and partially uncertainty about the fit) and it kept selling out on pre-order and then in regular stock and then in pre-order again and again wtf. When it was finally in (regular, non-pre order) stock for like the 4th time and there were only 3 left, I knew it was probably now or never. Even if the fit wasn't great, I just needed to know for myself. This is one of the iconic items for Liz Lisa Autumn 2016 for me, so I felt like I owed it to myself to at least try it. Plus, I already had the matching shoes lol.
with Liz Lisa pom pom lace up pumps and Liz Lisa x Yui Kanno collab ribbon barrette + Liz Lisa thin ribbon boston bag -

(no capelet) with Flag J sandals + Ank Rouge heart embossed handbag -

(no capelet) with Liz Lisa cut cardigan and Liz Lisa 2-strap ribbon pumps -

with Liz Lisa ankle boots and Liz Lisa wide brim fedora + Liz Lisa riders jacket + Liz Lisa 3 piece cup Team C bag -
The pleats in the skirt give it great shape and just enough volume. Tbh, I'm a little surprised how much I also like the dress without the little cape attachment! When I had seen it in pictures (without capelet), I wasn't impressed with it, but it really can still stand well on its own imo. As always, the fit could probably be a little better, but I'm actually not as disappointed as I thought I might be, so this is a win. I really just love how the dress looks paired with the bordeaux pom pom lace up pumps, but it works pretty reasonably with beige accessories as well. This is definitely a dress that screams "autumn" but I'm glad it is short sleeved and the material isn't too thick while still feeling like great quality.

(English) Rose ribbon skirt in pink (162-4003-0)
https://twitter.com/liz_harajuku/status/773068282148429824
Pink wasn't the promoted color for this print, but I really fell in love with its soft look. The white/bordeaux version is gorgeous as well but I thought that the pink version would translate to different seasons a bit better for me. I didn't buy the matching top for an obvious reason (long sleeves) but this style of skirt is quite versatile, and I don't think the matching top is a must. The waistband has shirring in the back but no zipper. The straps are completely removable and attached with buttons. There are two button holes at the back of the straps for an adjustable length.
with Liz Lisa sailor blouse and Liz Lisa knot wedge sandals + Samantha Thavasa purse -

(no straps) with Liz Lisa off shoulder ribbon blouse, Liz Lisa clear pearl sandals and Liz Lisa paper can can hat + Samantha Thavasa purse with Liz Lisa champouf pass case -

with Tralala ladder lace top, Liz Lisa heart suede pumps, One Spo triangle pom pom earrings and Liz Lisa beret + Liz Lisa riders jacket -

(no straps) with Liz Lisa fur collar cardigan, Liz Lisa OTK mutton lined boots and Liz Lisa x My Melody 6th collab bow + Samantha Thavasa purse -
I had really hesitated on purchasing the items from this series because I wasn't convinced about the material. In the initial promotional photos it looked so nice and soft but in other less "polished" photos, it seemed kind of more of a harder/stiffer, crunchier material which holds shape better but just doesn't feel as nice. As it turns out, it's kind of something in between. I've had some really nice, super soft chiffon items from Liz Lisa but this is definitely not that material. However, nor is it the worse case scenario that I had feared, and I really like it. The fit is great and the ribbon tie just makes it feel more secure. I don't personally feel like the horizontal strap connecting the suspender straps does a lot since it can still fall off my shoulders, but I don't mind it. I really like the skirt both with the straps and without, and I feel like it can easily transition between a number of seasons.

This was an order that I wasn't completely comfortable making because of the cost, but I'm really glad I didn't miss out on either of these items. They're much better in person and worn than I thought they'd be (and I already considered them quite cute to begin with). Both items have removable "attachments" and I surprisingly like each of the items both ways - with and without! ♡
http://emiiichan.blogspot.com/p/contact.html

4 comments:

  1. Love both items you've ordered! The cape dress is really lovely and I quite like shape. The skirt is also really nice - not that I doubted it wouldn't be but seeing you wear it has made me think twice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cape! Such a cute look for fall! *_*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yessssss. I'm all over these fall looks with no actual autumn in sight lol.

      Delete