Thursday, April 14, 2022

Dr Martens Heart shaped Leather Backpack

This was a simple case of: I saw it on my Instagram explore page --> I looked it up --> was happy to see it was in stock --> thought for 2 seconds --> bought it. This is my first Dr Martens purchase and I'm not very knowledgeable about the brand, so I thought for sure this would be an older item or something, but was so, so pleased that it was currently available for purchase!

Dr. Martens Heart shaped leather backpack
This bag is labeled as a backpack, but it's definitely a 2-way (shoulder bag or backpack) bag so I don't know why they don't incorporate that more in the name! The main body of the bag is smooth leather and the front pocket includes some patent leather with a buckle. The Dr Martens logo is placed nicely but not obnoxiously which I really appreciate as well. It comes with 1 adjustable patent leather strap with 5 different D-rings that allows you to switch from shoulder bag to backpack with ease. There are no internal pockets and it's surprisingly spacious inside!

with EATME sheer sleeve decolette OP and EATME cross wedge sandals -

with Zara open back dress and EATME belted pumps -

with Ank Rouge front pocket set up OP and Michael Kors Sinead platform sandals -

with EATME garter feather knit top, EATME (pleats wrap) skirt & EATME cross wedge sandals -

with Aritzia Sunday Best Tuesday crop & Olive mini skirt, EATME fukubukuro cardigan and EATME single belt sabot shoes -

with EATME neck harness design OP, Honey Cinnamon fukubukuro jacket and EATME belted pumps -
I definitely see myself using it mostly as a shoulder bag for regular everyday use. However there's likely to be some occasions where I'm out all day and would probably rather wear it as a backpack so my shoulders don't feel so lopsided! I love the size, especially as a backpack. This just seems like it was designed really well from that perspective. The only thing I'm meh about is the push button on the buckle on the front pocket which is the perfect size for a phone, but I haven't found it super easy to get in and out of. I probably just need some getting used to it though. I've already used this bag a few times for work and am super looking forward to using it more and more! It's going to add some nice variety to my current wardrobe.


The only thing that I think could make this bag better would maybe be the inclusion of a small short (maybe a thick chain?) strap that could allow you to use it as a short handle bag, but honestly because of the size, I think it does work best as a shoulder bag vs. handbag. It's just nice to have options sometimes! But overall, I find the purse to be pretty versatile despite the die cut heart shape since the details are simple and the size is not too big or too small. I'm very pleased with my very first Dr Martens purchase but it feels a bit odd for it not to have been boots!

No comments:

Post a Comment