Monday, March 21, 2022

EATME side belt pleats wide pants & dot tulle choker

I visited EATME's Harajuku location in late February, but tbh hadn't had a lot of intention to buy anything because I knew there were some decent online promotions/campaigns that didn't apply in store! But while I was there, I wanted to check out a few items to see what they were like in person (material/weight and estimated fit). That resulted in this small order!

EATME side belt pleats wide pants in black
サイドベルトプリーツワイドパンツ
I didn't love the initial stock photos for this pair of pants, but immediately went to look for them after seeing them on shop staff Mari in one of the EATME-TV youtube videos. (I guess those videos actually do work for promo haha.) She's supposed to be a similar height to me, and I loved how they looked on her - seemingly elongating her legs and actually being somewhat slimming compared to what I was seeing in some of the stock photos. That's likely because of the recommended set up top which doesn't exactly cinch the waist, but anyway, I was very determined to get a pair after that!

with Rmine decolette ribbon top, EATME dot tulle 2way ribbon choker, Paris Kids hair ribbon and EATME cross wedge sandals -

with EATME garter feather knit top -

with EATME pintuck pearl button blouse -

with EATME ribbed choker top and One Spo beret -

with EATME lace combination top and EATME faux leather cross belt -

with EATME 2way side lace-up top -

with EATME vest bustier (OP) -
The last outfit feels particularly Gen Z but that's probably just because of the cross straps and front and back middrift lol. 
I was actually surprised at how heavy the package was when I received it. I almost thought there was more in there than just the one pair of pants and a piece of ribbon haha. There's a nice weight to the material which I appreciate. I could possibly do with 1-2cm extra in length, but actually the current length is not too bad and I think I could actually wear them with flats/sneakers if I really wanted to which makes it a lot more versatile. Overall, I already feel pretty lucky that a standard size fits me pretty well at the waist (super important for how I wanted the pants to look personally) and the length being 90% OK! If all EATME pants fit like this, I would definitely get more pairs in the future.

EATME dot tulle 2-way ribbon choker in black
ドットチュール2WAYリボンチョーカー
This was a bit frivolous (when are my purchases not), especially after my previous order which included a necklace, but I wanted to make use of the online coupon, so it just made sense. Like the cross x cross rose necklace, I was looking for something to go with my EATME items/darker color items in my wardrobe that wasn't as visually "heavy" as the solid black choker, which I do already love and admittedly overuse. This tulle version seemed like a really great alternative. 

with EATME vest bustier OP, EATME cross wedge sandals and Runway Channel novelty 2-way mini bag -
(Also wearing it in 3 of pants coordinate shots if you want more wide views.) Admittedly, from a distance it does already look quite similar to the solid black version, but I know I personally will appreciate the slight variety, especially with getting a lot of mileage out of that other one.

Another small order, but I can't be more pleased with the pants! I know it might not be all that visually exciting, but I love it when my favorite fashion pieces can be easily worn for work without being "iffy" in a professional setting and this fits the bill of a bit trendy but still modest just perfectly. The only way I think they could be A+ is with pockets! The side pleat design definitely is a bit more limiting in that way, but I also love that part, so I'll just deal with having no pocket like in most situations, haha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment