Saturday, March 5, 2022

EATME cross wedge sandals & cross x cross rose necklace

This was a bit of a frivolous order that I was convinced to go through with because of a novelty item and some promotions through the online store, but items I was eyeing nonetheless. As I actually started to go out a bit more in February, I came to realize what kind of shoes/accessories would help round out my wardrobe, and I figured why wait to purchase them - especially when they'll come with a free purse?

EATME cross wedge sandals in black
クロスウェッジサンダル
These shoes aren't the most exciting looking, but they did appear to be comfortable to me! I wasn't entirely sure how I felt about the different material for the platform, but it's pretty difficult to even see a difference in the black version, so it was more about the longevity rather than the aesthetic. After seeing a number of shop staff start wearing these in coordinate photos after they were released, I was thinking they would be pretty versatile and a good fit for what I wanted.

with EATME (vest bustier) OP and EATME faux leather cross belt -

with EATME fukubukuro blouse and EATME (pleats wrap) skirt -

with EATME piping double button OP -

with EATME cut out OP -

with EATME high neck relax Tshirt OP and EATME harness belt -
Again, nothing too exciting here - black pumps pair with almost everything! Tbh I only had 1 day(time) to shoot these photos so it's more rushed than I would like, but I'm sure I will get a lot of practical use out of the shoes, even if they don't make for any EXTREMELY special in a blog post. The inside square cut of the front of the pump will take some breaking in (also the reason why I chose to wear them with socks for all of these photos), but once that's taken care of, I can see these easily being a go-to, easy-to-wear choice of heels.

EATME cross x cross rose necklace in silver
クロスxクロスローズネックレス
I was looking for a short length necklace to pair with a few of my newer dresses and tops, and I thought this necklace was an interesting combination I didn't usually see. I definitely didn't want something too redundant for what I already have and something that felt like it was worth buying from EATME rather than a jewelry brand - if that makes sense. The "pearls" are very plastic-y feeling but for the price point, it's almost not worth mentioning and I think it will hold up fine for costume jewelry. 
I wore the necklace with 4 of the full length coordinates shown with the shoes if you're interested to see how it looks in a wider shot. It definitely doesn't stand out very much from that distance - which is something I wanted. The black ribbon choker is often good but for times I want something a little more delicate and maybe a little less edgy, I think this necklace will be a great alternative.

Runway Channel novelty item - 2way mini bag in black
If you've been reading this blog for a bit, you know I'm always suckered in by a novelty item (I probably said that in the last post that included a novelty item too...). It's true lol. Even for one I don't REALLY need. But this one is quite practical! I don't buy a lot of mini bags because I just don't find a lot of them overly attractive (personal preference at this time) but there are definitely times I did wish I could just have something that basically fits my wallet and phone and just go. 

with EATME bow tie blouse, EATME side lace up skirt, One Spo beret and EATME cross wedge sandals -

with EATME high neck relax Tshirt OP and EATME harness belt -

with EATME garter off shoulder OP -
Like with the shoes, these outfits aren't particularly exciting, but I feel like the purse is meant to be a versatile basic - not a standout piece, which makes perfect sense for a novelty item that was available for the entire Runway Channel selection of brands. I'll be happy to have this on the side if I ever need something small and simple. Even better - the strap is easily adjustable too!

Without really intending it, this order ended up including great, versatile pieces that aren't necessarily in-your-face-wow type items, but just really nice to have. I honestly didn't really think about it until I started writing down my thoughts but it does really make sense when I think about where my mind was when I was ordering - thinking about things that would be easy to wear daily to be "fashionable" but not necessarily stand out, since I'm lucky to have a lot of those pieces already! These pieces will be great accompaniments to my existing pieces. I don't know how much I will feature them in the future, but I know I will appreciate them.

No comments:

Post a Comment