Monday, December 6, 2021

Maison de fleur smokey green items

A bit of a late post as it took me a while to get around to these pictures, but I'm excited to share my first Maison de Fleur purchases on the blog - and I'm especially in love with this green color!

Double ribbon tote bag in smokey green
ダブルリボントートバッグ
This bag is pretty standard for most people who know of this brand and is what caught my eye in the store when browsing to begin with. I initially was planning on getting either the pink or black color but couldn't decide. And that's when I somehow settled on the green which seemed like an odd happy medium!
The bag is reasonably light and thin but still feels sturdy. I wouldn't but a TON of weight in it but it's great for my regular purse stuff + a folder if I need to carry paperwork. It also has a little pocket on the inside which is super useful and a great feature that more tote bags need imo. 

Color ribbon bag charm in smokey green
カラーリボンバッグチャーム
I saw this charm on some of the other bags and knew it would be super frivolous but I figured go big or go home, so I committed to getting it to match! Even though I did specifically buy it for the Maison de Fleur tote, I can definitely see myself using this on other bags as well. The chain is a nice length and the green color is complementary to a lot of other colors in my wardrobe!
A little bit of bow overload and the charm doesn't always stay in place but I still love having it on there! I don't know how such a little thing can make such a big difference to me, but I do consider it money well spent in this case because it brings me a proportional amount of joy wtf, haha. 

Bijou ribbon smartphone ring in smokey green
ビジューリボンスマホリング
I didn't purchase this ring with the other two items and had a lot of second thoughts about it because I realized how much I loved the color and how nicely it would match with my phone and phone case. Luckily, I was able to find another Maison de Fleur location that had it and purchased it there. The shop staff had even taken it out of the packaging for me to look at as well. 
I've never owned or used something like this (a smartphone ring or pop socket like thing) and completely forgot that this would have certain limitations after I stuck it on lol. The ribbon is not easily washed and the metal will definitely tarnish over time, so I realized I did want to limit the situations that I used it in. And then it finally dawned on me that I could just get another cheap case to use on occasions that I didn't want to use the fancy ring lol - especially times when I run, for example. Once I figured that out, I definitely felt better about this purchase and would gladly get another in the future too. It's been useful to keep my phone in my hand and I just think it's super cute!

More smokey green recent items -
And hopefully a few more if I get a chance to snag some other items on sale! I love how this color looks against both pink and black (and white tbh) without being extremely played out/cliche and I think it will be great for upcoming spring season in addition to having been great this past autumn!

6 comments:

  1. I didn't think a smart phone ring could be so useful either until I started using one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely super great for making my phone feel secure in my hand!

      Delete
  2. Green is definitely the "in" colour right now, it looks great in pastel! The smartphone ring thingy looks so dainty and cute!
    minae ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I'm glad I branched out from just pink and black - haha.

      Delete
  3. that's so freaking gorgeous and that shade of green is honestly one of my favorite colors. i agree with the phone ring, i have cases like that where i use them only for special occasions since i know it will be hard to care for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh yeah, the only inconvenient part is that I'm afraid of getting it dirty! But once I figured out the obvious solution of getting a second case, I feel better about it, haha.

      Delete