Saturday, April 10, 2021

Kate Spade New York Picnic in the Park basket

I got an email about this purse being on sale, and I just jumped all over it. The cost was a bit more than I'd typically like to pay for a novelty purse, but I thought that this one was actually a decent size and not extremely pigeon-holed into a specific theme, so I used my PayPal balance and went for it!
(Plus I also love that Kate Spade has free shipping including to Hawaii that's actually 2 day ship :O)

Kate Spade New York Picnic in the Park basket
The purse is just about as I was expecting size-wise with the modeled photo reference. Certainly too tiny to be actually used as a legit picnic basket, but just right as a small purse! The flaps do open all the way to the handle, but at the current time, I don't think I can open both fully at once. The magic tab flaps actually work much better than I anticipated. The shoulder strap is a good option as well although the basket is quite bulky when worn against the hip since the basket shape is quite solid. 

Some quick outfit pairings!
with Charlotte Russe tiny floral print dress and Liz Lisa gingham ribbon cardigan -

with Liz Lisa vintage floral OP -

with Liz Lisa back lace up check OP and Liz Lisa paper can can hat -

with Liz Lisa sunflower parfait OP -

with Liz Lisa open shoulder sailor blouse, Liz Lisa gingham cafe skirt and Liz Lisa tulle can can hat -

I know I had some really great matches for this purse before when my wardrobe was much larger but have since re-homed those items (Liz Lisa gingham strawberry dress, basically any pink-red Liz Lisa print tbh), but I still think it works with what I do have! Maybe not as matchy-matchy, but still nice. It's great that the strawberry charm is removable as well to make it even a little more neutral/versatile. Looking forward to using this purse more during the summer :)
 What do you think? πŸ’•

1 comment:

  1. This bag is absolutely lovely!
    I like all the matches. My favorites are with the sunflower and gingham skirt!
    See you!

    ReplyDelete