Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Pink Valentines Day outfit ideas

I was trying to think of some new ideas for Reels and this is what I ended up with! By the time I was done, I had a decent number of coordinates that I thought would make a substantial enough blog post so here we are :) Since I didn't actually plan to make this a standalone post for blogger, I hadn't taken any still photos of the outfits worn, so what you see are clips from the video I shot!

Start - 

This is just what I was wearing earlier in the day but also it was pink lol. I just used this as a starting point for the Reel. Top from H&M, hair clip from Daiso and shorts from Hollister. This is the type of thing I might wear casually most of the time if I'm not just in pajamas lol. But anyway, this isn't just meant to be an official outfit for this post.

Coordinate 1 - Sweet pink detail Liz Lisa separates
Couldn't resist doing a look with this heart collar blouse! I paired it with my most "sweet" Liz Lisa skirt even though I've been using it a lot lately for IG content. Open toed sandals with double ribbons finish off the look and then are used for the next handful of coordinates as well. Blouse, sukapan and sandals from Liz Lisa. 

Coordinate 2 - Otona kawaii Juge Etta sweet look

For a slightly more mature but still cute feeling outfit, this splotchy floral dress is my #1 go-to. I feel like the blend of colors makes it whimsical without being too garish since it's a very abstract floral. I also love playing off all the different colors in the print, so I can incorporate pink and white and lavender (and yellow when I'm not aiming for a pink-centered look!). Topping it off with a floral lace cardigan increases the floral mania but still in a reserved way imo because of the high neckline. Dress is from Juge Etta, cardigan and sandals from Liz Lisa, purse from Kate Spade New York. 

Coordinate 3 - Delyle Noir set with touches of red

I've worn this skirt during past "Valentines seasons" (which I guess is my term for the week leading up to Valentines Day) and I like that it has as similar vibe in the print to the dress from Coordinate 2, but is a bit shorter and flirtier! It also includes a stronger red color which, when combined with a lot of pink, lends a lot to the Vday feel I think. Top, skirt and belt from Delyle Noir, sandals from Liz Lisa, purse from Samantha Thavasa.

Coordinate 4 - Classic girly Liz Lisa jumpskirt with pink print 

I wanted to go for something a little more summery feeling with this look, so I went with a sleeveless jumperskirt. Honestly there's not much to this coordinate since it's just the OP, but hey, it's hard to go wrong with Liz Lisa and pink, right? Jumpskirt and sandals from Liz Lisa, purse from Samantha Vega.

Coordinate 5 - Liz Lisa sweets/chocolate print with long sleeves

In contrast to coordinate 5, I wanted to incorporate a quick long sleeve look. Unfortunately I didn't realize the sun kind of disappeared when I was shooting this one and apparently I didn't edit it very well to adjust for the warmth. This sweet latte print series is another "duh" for the Valentines seasons - pink + chocolates + ruffles and bows. I switched to these pink pumps for the remaining looks to just include some outfits with close toed options (especially makes sense if it's colder and you need to wear long sleeves lol). Top, dress and pumps from Liz Lisa.

Coordinate 6 - Liz Lisa deep pink check simple look 

For a deeper/dustier pink, this dress with the check pattern still reads really sweet. Thanks especially to the sailor collar, contrast color sleeves and the big ribbon at the neckline. Bears with heart shaped boxes of chocolates at the hem helps a lot too :) Dress, beret and pumps from Liz Lisa. 

Coordinate 7 - Smokey pink and white 2-tone look

I don't usually think of EATME first when I want to create Vday outfits, but this dress actually has white accents instead of the usual black, so it has a softer tone. I wanted to keep playing on the purpley-pink + white theme and kept the pink beret with white pom pom and white ankle socks with pink pumps for an all over 2-tone outfit. Dress from EATME, beret and pumps from Liz Lisa.

Coordinate 8 - Comfy and casual with pink add ons

Lastly, for something a bit more unexpected from me - high waisted denim! I realized that the beret matched well with this long cardigan I recently bought and wanted to create something with a cozy feel. I love this look a lot more than I anticipated. It turned out really nicely for a spur of the moment/thrown together coordinate! Top from Charlotte Russe, cardigan from H&M, pants from Zara, beret and pumps from Liz Lisa.

Looking back, if this topic had originally been slated for a blog post, I probably would have spent a bit more time thinking out each outfit and how to make it special. For Reels, to me it seems like it's most important to have good transitions and the fashion is second lol. (That's why I only ended up using 2 pairs of shoes for this even though I had originally planned for 4-5....at my skill level, it's just easier to do transitions in the same shoes lol.) Hopefully I can come up with something better for next year, especially if my wardrobe changes around a bit.

This isn't the type of content I usually post here, so let me know what you think about it! Especially whether the quality of the video screenshots is just too low. (Filler posts are likely going to happen no matter what but I will try to keep them low frequency if I can help it!) πŸ’•

2 comments:

  1. These outfits are so cute!! Even if you did intend them just for Reels, I'm so glad you made these into a blogger post. I like the flat-lays and the thought process you give about each of your outfits. It's really inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! I thought the flat lays would at least be a little extra for blog (vs IG). Even though they're much less fun to do, I think they add some value here sometimes!

      Delete