Saturday, October 10, 2020

Tweed jacquard ruffled dress styled 6 ways

1 dress styled 6 different ways. This concept is a fashion blogger's bread and butter but not one that I usually buy in to all that often despite always loving to show how versatile some pieces can be. That being said, when I got this dress, I knew immediately that it would be wonderful to style in a variety of ways, and even though this isn't a Liz Lisa or Jfashion piece, I hope it's still interesting to see dressed up and down!

Michael Kors Tweed Jacquard Ruffled Dress in black/white 
The dress is reasonably basic but there is an asymmetrical ruffle at the neckline and down the left side towards the armpit to keep things interesting. The tweed material is surprisingly soft and not rigid which also means it's somewhat lightweight despite being pretty warm which I wasn't expecting at all. The tight blend of black and white in the pattern makes it easy to match with other items without the outfit feeling too monotonous. 

Base look 
with Doll Kiss ankle socks and Michael Kors Sinead leather platform sandals



Office look 
+ Ann Taylor blazer and Kate Spade purse


Comfy casual look
+ H&M long cardigan, One Spo beret and Coach mini gamaguchi style pouchette


Cool flirty look
+ Bebe fitted skirt and Michael Kors purse


Preppy look
+ Forever21 ribbon tie blouse and Michael Kors manhattan purse


Classic girly/posh look
+ Guess? turtleneck blouse, Evelyn bijou belt and Liz Lisa heart spindle purse


Edgy look
+ Material Girl faux leather jacket, EATME faux leather cross belt and Michael Kors manhattan purse


And of course a quick Reel. I can't export with the music, but please check it out on my IG profile for it to be a little more entertaining lol. 

My parents picked this dress out for me for my birthday as something that would be good to wear for work but, as I hope I've proven, it's actually reasonably versatile. This dress is not something I would go out of my way to buy (especially online bc I was a bit worried how thick the tweed would be) but I feel like gifts are meant to be things that you wouldn't necessarily get for yourself and I'm really happy with the results.
Which look is your favorite? I think it's between the comfy look and the classic girly look for me!

2 comments:

  1. love the preppy look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I had to try a couple different tops but I really like how it turned out!

      Delete