Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Liz Lisa Grand Magasin OPs

This has been my first Liz Lisa purchase for myself since December 2019! It's been almost a whole year 😮. Crazy, considering that I used to make an order almost every month (sometimes more than once a month during sale periods). I think anyone who's been following the brand recently can see the aesthetic change while Liz Lisa has been chasing recent trends while trying to apply it to their girlier items. The biggest deterrent for me has actually been the sizing - even if I liked a piece, it wouldn't really matter if it fit like a sack on my body. 
When I saw this grand magasin print release at the beginning of the autumn season, I was definitely intrigued after seeing it on shop staff, but was determined to wait until a sale...and now here we are!

Grand Magasin print OP in bordeaux (105-6001-0)
Grand Magasin柄ワンピース 
This bordeaux color was what initially attracted me to this print. If you've been reading my blog for a while, you know I'm a big sucker for this color during the fall/winter season. I was really grateful that this was an earlier release which meant short sleeves which are an absolute must for me in Hawaii and makes it a lot more versatile (compared to long sleeves which I find impossible to wear in any season other than winter). It's actually a brighter version of the color than I've seen in the past (closer to the red color from the bear book series in 2015), leaning more red rather than purple/brown if that makes sense and I really appreciate that. There's a hard contrast against the white sleeves, lace details on the sailor collar and hem print which emphasize a lot of the sweeter elements. 

with Liz Lisa ribbon beret and Liz Lisa 3-strap pumps -
(also pairs perfectly with Samantha Vega flutter purse in bordeaux!)
There's actually a few different shades of the red/bordeaux used in the dress (the trim color and the tulle at the hem + the stronger color in the plaid) which makes using the different bordeaux items I have in my existing wardrobe a lot easier since it's sometimes hard to find an exact match. I especially love the 3-strap pumps from 2017 with this dress! The fit is actually pretty close to the free size that I used to know from pre-2018 although there's still a bit more room in the bodice area, it doesn't seem super obvious. (I was actually able to put the dress on without opening the side zipper unintentionally to give you an idea of how roomy it can be.) The length is actually exactly where I wanted and I'm happy with it!

Grand Magasin print OP in pink (105-6001-0)
Grand Magasin柄ワンピース   
This is that classic Liz Lisa autumn-type of purpley pink that I thought was different enough from the bordeaux to warrant getting both! This one is definitely sweeter and softer and I think more easily translates to different seasons. The print and details definitely doesn't stand out as much in this colorway, but I think that has its own advantages depending on what mood I'm in. I couldn't make up my mind initially and this color has sold out for a bit but when 1 restocked, I knew I had to grab it and I'm so glad I had the opportunity. (Especially because my 3-strap pumps match each color perfectly!)

with Liz Lisa smokey color pom pom beret and Liz Lisa 3-strap pumps -
(+ Samantha Thavasa purse)
Wearing this pink OP really took me back! The complete coordinate is so sweet feeling, especially with the pom pom beret and I can imagine throwing on a fluffy white coat and going out for a cute date looking at illuminations (although not in Hawaii obviously lol). My only real issue with this OP overall is that the front of the sailor collar doesn't seem to sit nicely and I had to adjust it a lot and pull my hair to the front to ensure it didn't fold up, but I do love the sailor collar in general and like that they chose to continue the plaid print on it!

Same item, 2 color ways with matching accessories? I had to do a Reel for IG! (link to my post with the music in the background on the right). I still feel pretty awkward trying to coordinate my actions to music...and then being able to edit it properly, but I think it turned out not bad 😊
 
I definitely feel lucky that Liz Lisa is shipping directly to the US right now, allowing me to get these items, even if I had to pay a little more for DHL. I wouldn't have made this order otherwise since Tenso's current policies are just a bit too expensive for me (although I 100% understand not having all of my regular options available). I ordered shortly before my birthday and it did take a few days to process, but I was very happy to have them about a week after shipping.
Let me know how I did with my first Liz Lisa order post in a LONG while lol. Stay safe 
 

8 comments:

  1. You always look so cute in LL. I haven't bought anything since Rabbit Ribbon...I've fallen out of love with LL, sadly. It's just not for me anymore. Now that it's finally shipping overseas on its own, it makes me sad cause I love all of the older styles...but at least I can at least see cuties enjoy them <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. I'd say that generally their new releases haven't been my style but this specific one was right up my alley (especially on sale)!

      Delete
  2. It was lovely reading your post, it felt so nostalgic!
    I think that many of us are on the same thought train when it comes to Liz Lisa's newest releases; with so many years of unique designs it somehow doesn't seem to hit the mark with some of their more plain designs. I can't say I disagree with them doing what's needed to carry on as a brand, so I tend to buy what I like/know I'll wear and move on. I agree with you on sizing, I've found that many of the newer (patterned) pieces have a different fit from years past and because of that, I've been more drawn to the skirts than OPs when it came down to a design I liked enough to buy.
    Whatever the case is, I'm happy you got something you're happy with, both colours look darling on you! ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I certainly don't fault them for chasing the trends as I'm sure they are chasing a different customer base and don't fault me for finding other brands to enjoy. Definitely the largest deterrent for me, by far, was the sizing issue which I do think is resolvable (considering they often make more than 1 size now) but I can only assume they're making these changes for a good reason and wish them the best.
      Thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  3. Nice dresses! Thanks for sharing. I just ordered it in red today :D
    I'm not sure about the sizing, as I haven't bought or worn enough of their newer items, but I'm largely disappointed by their releases and designs (also the price hike). I dislike most of their clothes now, which is a bit unfortunate as Lis Lisa used to be my favorite brand. I shopped way more at Ank Rouge this year, and at Dear My Love/DreamV/Yumetenbo. Since I consider most of LL's clothes ugly and/or the prices too high, I rarely order from them anymore. :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm planning to wear the bordeaux for Christmas <3

      Delete