Thursday, October 26, 2017

Liz Lisa x My Melody (12th collab?) letter print OPs


For the most recent Liz Lisa x My Melody collaboration (12th collab), there were 4 different items - Letter print OP (available in pink and white, 4cm+ option), plush charm, plush backpack and My Melody face mirror. Tokyo Kawaii Life pre-order was on 12 Sep with sales to start on 23 Sep.

I decided to forgo the accessories this time but instead opted for the OP in both colors since I couldn't make up my mind wtf.

Liz Lisa x My Melody letter print OP in white (175-6028-0)
☆LIZ LISA×My Melody☆レタープリントワンピース
 
This OP features a collar, short bib with ruffle and long, solid white sleeves without the print applied. The print contains vertical stripes intermixed with a parallel ribbon design and scattered roses. The hem has a horizontal pattern of My Melody with a variety of love letters and poses.
I saw the white colorway in the promotion photos before the listing came out, and I immediately liked it. I really love how the vertical printed lace design stands out, especially against the solid white sleeves. Although I was really into the pink colorways for these collab items for a while, I think I'm slowly making my way back to white for certain prints.
with Liz Lisa sweet latte necklace, Liz Lisa 17th anniversary cameo big ribbon barrette, Liz Lisa pom pom pumps and Liz Lisa lace up pom pom pouchette -

with Liz Lisa heart frill pumps and candy pouchette + Liz Lisa heart applique frill blouson -

with Liz Lisa pom pom boots + Liz Lisa My Melody 2017 fukubukuro coat -
The overall length and sleeve length are both reasonable for me and not unlike other similarly designed dresses from Liz Lisa. This OP doesn't have the ribbon tie but still fits my waist reasonably. I'm glad that the bow is (re)movable and I anticipate wanting to move it around based on whether I'm wearing an outer or not and what type of outer it is.

Liz Lisa x My Melody letter print OP in pink (175-6028-0)
☆LIZ LISA×My Melody☆レタープリントワンピース
 
Exactly the same as above, tis OP features a collar, short bib with ruffle and long, solid white sleeves without the print applied. The print contains vertical stripes intermixed with a parallel ribbon design and scattered roses. The hem has a horizontal pattern of My Melody with a variety of love letters and poses.
Old habits die hard, and given the opportunity, I didn't want to have any regrets and decided to get pink as well just in case I liked it better in person. That's a pretty stupid excuse, but since I wasn't sure how long the stock would last and just wanted to go back to sleep, I just went for it since I quite like the overall design either way. I also didn't want to bother with any secondhand purchasing later on if I saw more shop staff pictures and realized I missed out.
with Liz Lisa embroidery ribbon OP and Liz Lisa 3-strap pumps + Samantha Thavasa purse -

with Liz Lisa back ribbon pearl pumps + Liz Lisa batwing cardigan and Samantha Thavasa purse with Liz Lisa x My Melody 11th collab vol 2 charm -

with Liz Lisa x My Melody 10th collab vol 2 stuffed iPhone case and Liz Lisa ribbon ankle boots + Liz Lisa frill denim jacket -
Even in person, the color isn't extremely easy to tell apart at first glance between the pink and white versions. They are actually almost exactly the same except that the base color of the pink OP is different, but the print etc is exactly the same in terms of color except the printed scallop lace at the very bottom of the dress. Ofc, the fit and everything are quite similar but I do like being able to match slightly different pieces (outer, shoes, etc) with it!

Although these two dresses are, in fact, very similar (in my opinion anyway), I'm glad I made the decision to get both and judge for myself in person. If I had the opportunity to shop in store, I do think I would have chosen the white OP only, but there are definitely merits to the pink version as well. If only the material wasn't so heavy, I think I'd be much more partial to these! I'll have to pick occasions to wear them very carefully.

You can leave me (anonymous) suggestions and feedback at emiiichan.sarahah.com.
[Replies if necessary are posted to my IG story (access from the app), Twitter and FB!]

7 comments:

  1. surprisingly, i like the pink one more haha although normally i would go for the white one. it seems like a very versatile piece! (ignoring the weather constraint lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I think the pink version definitely has its merits (esp because it seems overall more toned down).

      Delete
  2. I really like the stripes on this dress for some reason. I like both colours but the white is really nice for this dress. I guess cause you can see the details a little bit more? Anyways! Cute as always :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the stripes too! Definitely what helped sell me on it.

      Delete
  3. Oh, how nice. I remember seeing this release and passing because I thought the print was too faded/washed out. I think I prefer white- the coat and boots look great with it. How do you like the print irl?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I quite like it but I don't mind that the print isn't extremely loud irl. Tbh I don't always like to scream that I have a character on my dress lol. The vertical stripes are really the most appealing part to me and the general shape.

      Delete
  4. Hi Emi!
    I had a question. I really wanted the pink version of this dress, but currently only have the opportunity to get the white one. Pink is my favorite color, so I just wanted to know if in person the pink stripes are visible enough on the white version? I'd love if you could see both the white and the pink aspects of it and it didn't just appear all white!

    ReplyDelete