Thursday, May 14, 2015

Liz Lisa photoshoot with Rei and Taka

Back in January, Rei (ramirei on tumblr) invited me to be part of a photoshoot she was planning with her friend who is a photographer! I've never had an opportunity like this fully come to fruition, and I was really excited and extremely flattered that she asked me to be part of it. We had exchanged messages a few times before and I knew she was local (from Hawaii), but we had never had a chance to meet.
We finally picked a date in April when we both had time and the items we wanted to use and agreed on a location. I packed up my car with all the things I thought I might possibly need since I don't live close to the place where we'd be shooting and I didn't want to have any regrets about not bringing something lol.
Shoes/bags/misc accessories
3 piles of clothes like this in the backseat that almost prevented me from seeing out lol

I left my house thinking that I'd arrive around 10-15 minutes early, but somehow there was a huge accident (and then subsequent smaller accidents as a result of the main's accident's traffic) and it took me almost 1.5 hours to park my car near where we planned to meet, and I was half an hour late FML. Bad first impression or not? Sigh. And then I couldn't get the parking meter to read my credit card which I was forced to use because I didn't have enough quarters (and using nickels and dimes would have been a rip off). In any case, Rei and Taka (the photographer and Rei's friend) were really nice about the whole thing, but I still felt so bad!

The first place we went to shoot was in front of Iolani Palace. I've seen a few other photoshoots take place in this area and Rei said her friends had previously shot there with no problems (legally) as well. We weren't planning on going into the palace, but rather just use the grounds and architecture as a background I think.
Rei's first outfit is her pink Liz Lisa off shoulder long sleeve floral dress from the 2014 fukubukuro and No Fall sandals. I was wearing my Liz Lisa x My Melody 4th collab OP in pink and Liz Lisa floral wedges. We wanted to try and be cohesive without being overly matchy.
Tbh I think it took me awhile to "warm up". I've never had photos taken of me like this (especially in a public place with constant foot traffic) and, while Rei and Taka are extremely nice, it always takes me a little bit to get comfortable with people when I first meet them.


We also went across the street to the Judiciary Building (Aliiolani Hale) where the King Kamehameha I statue is to shoot near that building as well. When we first got there, there were no tourists around but soon enough, a huge bus's worth arrived and swarmed lol.
Rei is wearing her pink Liz Lisa border x stripe set up (off shoulder top + shorts) with No Fall sandals, and I'm wearing my pink Liz Lisa x Yui Kanno collab rose fairy story OP with my rose clip from the same collab and pink Liz Lisa ribbon pumps with white socks from Tutuanna.


We also went to shoot near this pavilion next to Iolani Palace. This was actually our second setting but I'm posting them last because these are probably by favorite.
Rei is wearing her Liz Lisa lace sleeveless top and Liz Lisa bow shorts with Flag J heels and Liz Lisa 2014 fukubukuro 3-way bag. I am wearing the same Liz Lisa lace sleeveless top with my Liz Lisa wagon skirt and Liz Lisa knot wedges and Liz Lisa lace-up side 3-way bag.

These last three are my favorites of the day so I made them extra big lol -
Ugh I think I just love the wagon skirt so much lol. And all the pink! Plus no opportunity for awkward face ruining two of them because there is no face at all lol (which I am quite happy with).

All photos of me and/or Rei were taken by @takacosplay on IG and edited by @ramirei on Tumblr. (Except the first photo in this post which was both taken and edited by Taka.) Please do not repost these without crediting Taka and Rei! I don't own the copyright on these but received permission to post them. Please be respectful and do the same if you'd like to share them (otherwise please do not share them at all). The poor quality photos of the mounds of stuff in my car and the stalkerish looking photos of Taka and Rei were taken by me lol. 

I want to send a big thank you out to Rei for including me in this project and also just being a generally nice person to be around. It was so great to meet you and Taka and have the opportunity to get pictures like this! I really don't have many "good" photos of (me in) my Liz Lisa clothes because I don't really have anyone to take them, and I'm so, so happy to have been asked to be a part of this small photoshoot! I think I still need a lot of practice to be able to actually look good in more of the photos, but I'm thankful to have these, and I appreciate all the effort that went into the planning and shooting and editing.

10 comments:

  1. the wagon skirt!!! you look so cute and beautiful in all the photos! Coords on point too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weeeeee! Photos! They all turned out so nice :D I love how pastel they are <3 You both look great ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you are so adorable Liz Lisa is so made for you I love your pics and outfits *^*

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're both so pretty in Liz Lisa! So many good photos~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I owe it all to Taka and Rei!

      Delete