Monday, July 4, 2022

EATME peplum denim OP & maid land print cache coeur OP

I failed again. I did not wait for the summer sales. I don't even have the best excuse - I was just excited to purchase these two dresses! (Summer sales have hit as of this month but these were purchased several weeks ago.)

EATME peplum denim OP in black
ペプラムデニムワンピース
This denim dress was so, so popular and practically iconic for its release cycle this year. It sold quite quickly in pre-orders and then needed a restock! I very much love a denim dress, and I also very much love peplum, but I doubted that this particular OP would fit me well proportionally. From all of the stock and shop staff photos, it seemed that the peplum sat quite high on the torso (therefore not cinching at the right point for me), even for those under my height and then the voluminous sleeves would make the top quite visually heavy. Plus, I also didn't want to risk the denim being too thick and not wearable as the temperatures started to rise. But @mintkismet to the rescue again - her post in it really changed my mind! She's a few cm taller than me and also slimmer, but the dress was so flattering - exactly how I would want it to fit. This convinced me to go into Tokyo that weekend specifically to try it on. AND I WAS SOLD. 

with EATME dot tulle ribbon choker, One Spo beret and Michael Kors platform sandals -

with EATME cross x cross rose necklace and EATME belted mules + Michael Kors manhattan purse -

with EATME chunky heel pumps + EATME fukubukuro cardigan -

with EATME cross wedge sandals + Liz Lisa back ribbon momonga cardigan + Michael Kors star-embellished hamilton purse -

with One Spo beret and EATME chunky heel pumps -
The junk thing about being wrong about wanting a popular item I thought I would skip this season is that I no longer felt like I could wait for the summer sales (which is what I thought I would do for all purchases after making too many buys in May), but I was really just too freaking excited about this dress after trying it on and discussing it with Danielle. I very much absolutely love it now that I know what it's like on and am glad I didn't miss out! (Lesson learned - given the opportunity, try on the popular dresses even if you think they may not suit you lol.) 

EATME maid land print cache coeur OP in grey
maid land printカシュクールワンピース
I originally tried this dress on back in May, but didn't opt to buy it at the time due to *budgeting*. I didn't re-try it on when I went for the denim dress, but I did see that stock was running low for this color in my size in the online shop and I was able to get some sort of Runway Channel compounding sale for these two items in particular, so obviously now was the time to buy it...

with EATME belted mules + EATME harness cross belt - 

with EATME cross wedge sandals, One Spo beret + Michael Kors star-embellished hamilton purse + EATME fukubukuro cardigan -

with EATME chunky heel pumps -

with EATME cross wedge sandals + Mercury Duo compact faux leather jacket -
Longer length dresses pulling me in again. Even in the summer. Japan really has changed me already lol. I mentioned it in my previous post about the chunky heel pumps, but the stock photo for this one really caught my eye. The lavender/grey color is subdued but also stands out in a nice, subtle way, especially amongst the darker EATME palate. I just adore the pairing of the lavender shoes with this dress in grey. I paired it with some outer pieces here to show some variety but I'm absolutely planning on showing off the small puff sleeves during the summer! Like most EATME items, the cross ribbon detail at the neckline is removable and I can definitely see myself using it both ways. 

Two wonderful dresses that I am dying to wear this month and I hope I get the chance without sweating too much. They're hanging against my door so I look at them every day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment