Sunday, December 20, 2020

My roomwear sets from Japan

These pieces aren't recent purchases but I've never really showcased them all together! I was looking around for a pair of Christmas socks when I came across some of my roomwear sets. I realized it might be fun to do a short little Reel :)

LizMelo jacket and shorts set (purchased from Shimamura)
This jacket and shorts roomwear set is from LizMelo - the cheaper Liz Lisa and My Melody/Sanrio collaboration that was mostly sold in Shimamura stores, not too much through Liz Lisa directly until later years. The price point is a little more accessible but the quality is a bit different as well. I do like that overall the material is a bit thinner/feels more breathable which makes it sometimes ok to wear in Hawaii!

Aimer Feel jacket and shorts set
I bought this set back in 2012 during my study abroad which was during the summer, thus the short sleeve/shorts set. I don't actually wear the little jacket very much but I often wear the shorts to sleep, and it's my go-to pair for taking on vacation! You can definitely see a bit of wear/signs of age, but I personally don't mind that for roomwear because it's just really comfy.

Hello Kitty romper (from Don Quixote)
Another weeby purchase from my 2012 summer study abroad trip. I actually have some positive memories associated with buying it (good times with friends) but this romper is just not very practical or very flattering lol. I do always like ears on a hood though. 

Liz Lisa chambre a couche jacket and shorts set
My personal favorite set by far and also the most expensive lol. It's the softest/plushest of the bunch and such a lovely floral print from the defunct home goods Liz Lisa line. The jacket and the shorts both have pockets and it's such a nice comfy fit with a larger/loose fitting jacket and bubble hem drawstring shorts. So cute but since the shorts are a bit thick, I don't often wear this one, although I have brought it on past Japan trips!

I used a lot of the same clips that I gif'd here but here's the Reel with the "transitions" :)

Got some feedback that this reel was pretty cringey, and you know what? I don't disagree with that lol. But I'm going to double down with the content of it πŸ˜‚πŸ’•. It's 2020. Sometimes things just don't turn out how you anticipate! What can you do?

2 comments:

  1. Nothing about this is cringey at all! I just want to say that lol the Hello Kitty romper set is giving me mad 2010 Scene Queen vibes, especially because so many scene kids were also into Hello Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha for real! I should have styled it like that :O

      Delete