Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Liz Lisa 2015 vs. 2014 vs. 2013 trunk carry fukubukuro comparison

I did a version of this post last year comparing only the 2014 and 2013 trunks I had, but this year I had the audacity to order yet another trunk fukubukuro so may as well do another iteration. This will primarily be a photo post. Although I don't necessarily agree, I saw a lot of complaints that this 2015 web-limited fukubukuro trunk was "too similar" to the 2013 trunk and therefore "boring". Since I have both, I can do a side-by-side comparison.
Small reminder: PLEASE do not repost my photos to other websites or use them for your personal profit, especially without my permission. If you are interested in using one of my photos for your business or profile, please ask as I am the copyright holder and owner of these images. I don't like to see my personal photos on weheartit/pinterest/etc (particularly unsourced or wrongly sourced!). 
[I will not be comparing or critiquing the contents in this post. This will only focus on the trunks themselves.]


2013 vs. 2014 vs. 2015 individual photos side-by-side -
I love the print on the interior of my 2013 trunk. I guess they decided to spend more money on the design of the outside in later years.

2013 vs. 2015 only -
Even besides the embossed print on the 2015 version, there is an obvious color difference between the two imo. The 2015 version also includes many improvements that we saw in the 2014 trunk such as the interior buckles (2 versus 1) and a longer extending handle and improved side and top handles as well.

Comparing all 3 side-by-side in the same photo -


One difference between 2015 and 2013, 2014 that I didn't even notice right away was that it doesn't have the cover on the extending handle. This is pretty minor imo and the cover was not a feature I particularly enjoy anyway (not that it was particularly horrible though). Another small difference is that the front stands for the 2015 are black whereas the others have a beige/neutral color. (All have black wheels and other facets in the back.)


And that's all! Just a short photo post (but it took forever to shoot and edit tbh). Hope this clears up any confusion about whether the 2013 version and the 2015 version are "the same".


Small reminder again: PLEASE do not repost my photos to other websites or use them for your personal profit, especially without my permission. If you are interested in using one of my photos for your business or profile, please ask as I am the copyright holder and owner of these images. I don't like to see my personal photos on weheartit/pinterest/etc (particularly unsourced or wrongly sourced!).  

As another small reminder (and I'm sure those of you who actually read my posts are tired of reading these blurbs, but I am constantly getting blamed for not warning people of this, so here I go again) - I am extremely uncomfortable with my personal photos being used for the profit of others especially without a simple source link. In general, I would prefer for my photos not to be reposted without my permission at all, but if you feel the extreme need to do so, I simply ask that you just include a simple link back to my original post. Regardless of whether I watermark every single photo, I do still own the copyright to these pictures and you finding them on Google Image does not mean I do not own them anymore?? (There has been some confusion on that front apparently. And to be clear, Google does even warn you when you click on a photo that the image may be subject to copyright, and Google does not sever the photos from their original pages, so it's easy to find their source if you choose.) I do not blog and post these photos so that others can sell their products that are not associated with me in the slightest. And the response I get when I just ask for my photos to be sourced really discourages me from sharing and continuing to blog. I mean this in the least aggressive way possible, but I'm not just going to throw 80 smiley emojis in this to "soften the tone" because I am serious, and I honestly feel like you should be able to read a paragraph like this without emoticons and not be offended by its message.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  To see the contents of the 2013 Premium trunk carry fukubukuro, click here.
  To see the contents of the 2014 My Melody collaboration trunk fukubukuro, click here.
  To see the contents of the 2015 Web-Limited ribbon rose embossed trunk fukubukuro, click here.
  To see last year's 2014 vs. 2013 trunk carry comparison post, click here.
  For more information about fukubukuro and how to order from Liz Lisa, click here.

8 comments:

  1. All three trunks go really well together and look so cohesive together! I wish for the new trunks, they had the pale front stands for the new ones as well like in 2013 otherwise I like the changes. Oh, and the patterned interior!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In your opinion, is the quality of the trunks consistent through the years?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they do seem the same to me in terms of functionality, although I have only ever used the 2013 one for travel. The other two remain in place and I do not even roll them. I think maybe a few people had complaints that their mini trunk or web limited trunk had a few tiny marks or superficial defects on them but I think I may have just noticed that because I'm more involved this year than in years past? I think it's probable with any mass produced product sold for a cheap price such as these trunks tho.

      Delete
  3. hi emi,
    i have a question regarding how to wash liz lisa items, a lot of them have a tag that says only dry cleaning, do you dry clean these stuff?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think many of mine say dry clean only but I also can't read Japanese. If it's just cotton or a regular polyester without any details in a fussy fabric, I just use my own best discretion and machine wash in a mesh laundry bag and air dry. I don't have a lot of their winter items that may be best to dry clean (?? Idk I don't own a lot of winter items in general) but if I thought that the item should be dry cleaned, of course I would follow the care instructions.

      Delete
  4. How do you buy them? They are so so so cute and I really want one. Sorry if this seems like a stupid question.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this post might be helpful to you - http://emiiichan.blogspot.com/2014/11/emiiis-guide-to-buying-liz-lisa-online.html

      Delete