Sunday, February 9, 2014

New Liz Lisa pom pom boots!

As mentioned in this post, I ordered a pair of boots during a 30% off coupon promotion for VENT! The shipping came out to be a lot more than I expected (based on what I paid for one pair of boots last time) and my total for these boots was 4200yen (boots and shipping within JP) + 5680yen (Tenso shipping) = 9880yen. Considering that the list price for these boots was 14490yen, I guess that's not that bad, but I just didn't expect the shipping to be so high. Maybe it's because these boots came in a box and the other boots I ordered from LL didn't?


Knee high pom pom boots in beige (132-9666-0)
膝下後ろストリングブーツ
Boots are just as pictured in the stock photos. I got them in beige, and it is a darker shade of "beige" but definitely a lighter neutral tone/brown than my other boots so a good option. They can be worn with the top folded down (as in these photos) or unfolded, but I like the "quilted" pattern to show so I prefer to wear it as a knee-high boot. When the cuff is unfolded, it barely covers my knee, and I find the length to be slightly awkward, but I suppose it depends what it's worn with. 
 
Close-ups on the boots being worn. I'm not sure if these photos were taken at a great angle for my legs, but my tripod is broken so I had to make do with Kleenex boxes on a shelf lol.  I'm still a little unsure how I feel about the pom poms long term. I think they're a cute addition to the boot that keep them from being "too plain", but I feel if/when they get dirty (or accidentally wet from rain or something), I'll end up cutting them off :|

Coordinate 1  -
Yeah, so I'm covering my face because I was just too lazy to properly do my eye make up and had gone to the dentist earlier in the morning so I was just like whatever wtf lol. The boots are the focus anyway haha. I feel like my legs/the boots look really weird from the behind angle...This dress is from the Royal Rose tote 2013 fukubukuro that I ordered from MARUQ. I was so pleased to receive a non-long sleeve OP in that lucky pack. I don't know if that OP can really be considered a "winter" item, but I'm just happy to have it lol.

Coordinate 2 -

This OP is from summer 2013 but I feel like it can work with (winter) boots, especially with the beret lol. The beret just makes everything more winter-y to me, and I'm not sure why because I don't think berets are a cold season accessory as they don't really keep your head warm? (Or are they? I have no idea.) 

Overall, I think this was a good purchase, especially with the 30% off coupon! They're still on sale now (although the coupon has expired) at a reasonable price. I wish more Liz Lisa shoes were suitable for rainy/wet weather, but that's really the only grievance I have with these boots. Often, when the weather is colder here, it also rains (although sometimes it's like 80 degrees and raining wtf) but I don't think I'd want to wear these through puddles and I definitely don't think I want to wear them during the heat of summer lol. I'll have to pick my moments carefully.

______________________________________________________________________________
  How to order from Liz Lisa and Tokyo Kawaii Life video and photo tutorial here!

20 comments:

  1. The boots are so cute!! I considered buying it for awhile now, but unfortunately they ran out of size small. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really hate it when things I want go on sale and they don't have my size, which is kind of why I don't mind free size for the clothes. [But that's only because I'm fortunate enough to fit free size wtf.] It seems they always have more M stock. I wonder if they only produce a limited number of size S?

      Delete
  2. Hi Emiiichan!
    Those boots are so cute! Love the fur pom poms on the back. Liz Lisa needs to make more size small shoes. They sell out really quick. I wish I had bigger/average feet size 22-22.5cm is really hard to find in America >_<

    <3 Sachiko

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I bet lots of people (westerners) are hoping they'll come out with larger sizes as well. I always feel so lucky that I so easily fit into the clothes and one of the shoe sizes. I have a pretty average foot size in America but I always wish they didn't look so big lol :|

      Delete
    2. I am a size 24.5cm - 25cm is that to big for Liz Lisa ?
      ( )_( )
      (v_v )
      (u u_)o

      Delete
    3. I depends on the shoe. I think that's okay for a size L but I'm not super familiar with that kind of shoe sizing.

      Delete
  3. I love love love those boots. I'm happy I got the JugeETTA ones but I wish I could justify these as well (I can't)... They are really nice - the colour is really really lovely as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I super can't wait for you to receive yours! And I do still want to get the ankle boots from you. I think I'm waiting for a sale on storenvy to go through and then I think I'll be able to purchase them shortly thereafter...Lol why am I doing so much spending lately?

      Delete
  4. I cannot explain how much I love the second coordination. It's just WOW. I wish I could fit in LL's shoes but it's a far away dream and pretty much impossible, sigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love that dress SO much. I was extremely lucky that I had a friend who was visiting Japan during summer 2013 and was able to pick it up for me. I rarely wear it because I don't want to risk 'ruining' it but I think it goes well with a lot of things :)

      Delete
  5. omg i love those boots on you! so cute! I plan on getting LizLisa boots and wedges. Although I'm not sure what size to get. I'm a US 5.5 to 6. Usually I fit a 6 better since 5.5 feels just a bit too tight. I dont know if I should get a size S or M. In your experience, what do you suggest for boots? If I buy wedges, should I go for M or S? I'm afraid that a size M would be too big and give me too much wiggle room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think it would be safest to measure your foot in cm and compare it to the measurements in the listing, but based on this info, maybe a small....My mom is a 6/6.5 (and in really rare cases 5.5) and tried on a size M shoe and says it's slightly too big.
      I know that some people find that they can fit different sizes depending on the shoe (boot versus sandal etc), but that's not my personal experience. I am stubbornly a size L no matter what type of footwear. It does kind of depend if you're willing to wear the shoe a bit tight or a bit loose (and then add padding or something).
      Unfortunately I can't say anything 100% for sure. People have GREATLY varying experiences with Japanese shoe sizes and there isn't a general consensus except that there isn't one lol. Sorry if this wasn't much help, but yeah, measure your foot and compare it to what's in the listing - that's my best advice.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love the shoes ! I want to buy it but I don't know where, I'm living in France so... never minds XD ! I really love your style and Liz Lisa clothes and I'm in love with their shoes ! You're so cute and I loved reading your article ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I don't think these boots in particular are available on the webshop anymore (I'm not 100% sure though), but you can order from there regardless of where you live if you use a shopping or forwarding service. I personally use Tenso! If you ever do want to place an order, I'd be happy to help!

      Delete
    2. Oh no !! I hope these boots are available ! I will be so happy if you can help me to have these boots, but what is Tenso, does they ship to France ? (My english is not that good, I'm sorry) and I readed that you buy it from VENT, but what is VENT, is it a webshop ? Thank you for your reply.

      Delete
    3. Tbh, I don't think they are since they will be releasing the summer stock soon and this is a winter item, but perhaps it will show up in the Outlet Shop in the future, so I don't think all hope is lost.
      Tenso is a forwarding service. Since Liz Lisa does not ship outside of Japan, you need a domestic Japanese address (at a place like Tenso) for Liz Lisa to send your package. Once you place your order, it will get sent to Tenso and then Tenso will let you know how much it will cost to be forwarded to your country. They ship only via EMS, so the price is not very cheap, but it is reliable and very fast barring customs.
      VENT is the company that owns Liz Lisa and its sister brands such as Juge Etta, Liz Lisa Doll and Tralala. You can see all the brands and shop from all of them at the same time with one cart at tokyokawaiilife.jp.
      I made a YouTube video tutorial about how to place your first order with Liz Lisa. The blog post with the video is here - http://emiiichan.blogspot.com/2014/01/how-to-order-from-liz-lisa-online-with.html. They recently changed the site as of 4/1, so the websites and look of the site is different, but the steps remain mostly the same, especially the ones concerning Tenso.
      Lmk if you have any other questions.

      Delete
  8. I am a size 24.5cm - 25cm is that to big for Liz Lisa ?
    ( )_( )
    (v_v )
    (u u_)o

    ReplyDelete