Monday, December 22, 2014

Tokyo Kawaii Life order 12 - Liz Lisa Heart suede pumps in red!

I was so excited when I finally saw these were on sale because I was kind of pining over them since early Autumn when I first saw them in the New Arrivals photos before they were even released...lol. I had been hoping they would have made these in pink, red and tan or brown but instead they did a deep green color? Lol. I guess that is specific to this year's particular AW color story.
I was very conflicted because despite having a lot of time to think about it by the time they went on sale, I still wasn't sure if I wanted to get pink or red. I already have a pair of pink pumps from Liz Lisa and no red shoes like this, so I let my mother convince me to get the red. The reason I was hesitant about red (despite liking the shoe in this color a lot!) was because I wasn't sure what I would wear them with, whereas I knew I already had lots of clothes to wear with the pink pumps!

ハートスエードパンプス (142-9606-0)
Heart suede pumps in red

I really loved these shoes (particularly in red) with the Alice halloween set, but I knew I wasn't going to buy that costume at this point lol.
http://ameblo.jp/lizlisa-official/entry-11932795169.htmlhttp://ameblo.jp/lizlisa-official/entry-11932795169.html
The details all match so nicely with this costume, I think.
The heart on the front of the shoe is pretty subtle from far away, as are the heart cut outs in the back heel, so it's not overwhelmingly sweet but still special. I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about the heart and club charms on the straps, but it's quite nice I think. They're removable anyway. Red is not a typical color for Liz Lisa, but it was certainly featured quite a bit this Autumn/Winter 2014, and I'm glad I got in on it (at a sale price) while I had a chance. (Red was the first color to sell out!) Pink shoes/pumps are around every season so might as well try red while it's available! And now I have an excuse to do some extra shopping for clothes that will match with red :) In fact, I did another order with a skirt that I'm hoping these will pair well with that I'm expecting soon :O
The pumps are, in fact, RED lol. It's not a burgundy (like the inner sole) or a deep red. Definitely in white light, the color stands out a lot. The fit is pretty good/comparable to the other Liz Lisa shoes I have. I'm a US size 7, and typically (pretty much always) fit Liz Lisa's size L for shoes comfortably. The M is just barely too small so I have no choice but to get L if I want the shoes to fit on my foot anyway lol. The straps keep it feeling secure on my foot so even though they're slightly big in the front (which is not all that noticeable generally but I know there's an imaginary size between M and L that would probably fit me best), I don't worry about the size impeding my walking.

I threw together a few outfits with existing (Liz Lisa) clothes I have that I thought might match. I'm not sure I like all of them lol. I knew I would have some trouble picking what was best to wear with these shoes and I think I might have to think a little more out of the box/out of brand for this so that it's still within my personal taste. Definitely have to do a little more experimentation/trial and error!

Liz Lisa gingham fruit cropped halter top and skirt set with Liz Lisa floral lace peek cardigan
Set by itself and with a different Liz Lisa cover up

Liz Lisa doll top and bottom set up. I'm really not convinced that this works. Maybe with a different sock or something. I liked it okay earlier but second guessing myself a lot now lol.

Liz Lisa floral tiered dress with Liz Lisa batwing knit

Close ups of the shoes worn -

Quickly put together some (choppy :|) gifs of the shoes worn (with and without socks) so you can fully see how the heart design goes around the back heel. The color shows a little darker here but it's because the lighting was so variable the other day -__- That's basically the color when they're in the shade though.

Overall, I'm glad I took a chance and purchased these (especially since they're sold out in red now so I would have missed my opportunity if I had hesitated!). They're definitely not typical Liz Lisa but I can see them working with clothes outside of brand easily...I just have to figure out how I want to coordinate it so that I'm happy with the outfit lol. I also think these will make a great holiday shoe so I'm glad I received them the weekend before Christmas! If they were still available in my size in pink, I would definitely consider picking up another pair in that color.

Thanks to Tenso's new shipping options, I purchased a pair of shoes at sale price and despite the shipping, was finally still under the original retail total. Usually, even at 50+% off pricing for the shoes, I would be paying just dead even or a little more than retail for the total because of the old cost to ship with Tenso. I had to wait a little longer to receive them because I chose SAL, but it was worth it to save about $10! This time it took around 10 days total to have it delivered to my house (I wasn't available to sign, so I didn't get it until the next day, but that's kind of irrelevant). It actually took 7 days to even leave Japan lol. It seems like that's where the real delay is when you use SAL over EMS. Your package just isn't prioritized to leave Japan. I would say still worth it though to save money!

As a small reminder (and I'm sure those of you who actually read my posts are tired of reading these blurbs, but I am constantly getting blamed for not warning people of this, so here I go again) - I am extremely uncomfortable with my personal photos being used for the profit of others especially without a simple source link. In general, I would prefer for my photos not to be reposted without my permission at all, but if you feel the extreme need to do so, I simply ask that you just include a simple link back to my original post. Regardless of whether I watermark every single photo, I do still own the copyright to these pictures and you finding them on Google Image does not mean I do not own them anymore?? (There has been some confusion on that front apparently. And to be clear, Google does even warn you when you click on a photo that the image may be subject to copyright, and Google does not sever the photos from their original pages, so it's easy to find their source if you choose.) I do not blog and post these photos so that others can sell their products that are not associated with me in the slightest. And the response I get when I just ask for my photos to be sourced really discourages me from sharing and continuing to blog. I mean this in the least aggressive way possible, but I'm not just going to throw 80 smiley emojis in this to "soften the tone" because I am serious, and I honestly feel like you should be able to read a paragraph like this without emoticons and not be offended by its message.

7 comments:

  1. Ohhhsocuteee! I wanted them ever since they came out! Red heels are so special~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you get them as well? I like them a lot but for some reason I'm having a lot of trouble coordinating them :| I think it's because the red seems really heavy based on the shoe design? Ugh idk

      Delete
  2. I'm seriously so so so glad you got the shoes (and in red!) They're really nice!! I think it'll be nice to have the red ones when you do have the right outfit together because red is so striking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've also been looking at those shoes (especially in red), still not sure if I want to buy them even though they're so pretty! But I still don't know if the red is too bright for me hmm hmm. Maybe I should get the pink ones instead? Don't know!

    Btw have you ever used fromjapan as your shopping service? It's quite cheap as their comission fee is only 200 yen + 5% system usage fee. I've been using it a long time now and I've been happy with fromjapan! Only once my sister got sent the wrong package as the skirt she ordered was similar looking to the pants she got and getting the right package took pretty long. But otherwise there has never been problems, I would highly recommend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like they're sold out on TKL except for green but maybe they're still available somewhere else? I think they're all nice!
      I've only used Tenso personally. I stay with them because I haven't any problems or complaints with their service and it works well for me. That situation with your sister sounds kind of absurd though. Why are they sorting items based on the looks? I shouldn't think they should be taking out items from packages and not repackaging directly.

      Delete