Saturday, October 7, 2017

Liz Lisa frill embroidery blouson [TOM purchase] & Liz Lisa heart check jumperskirt [eBay purchase]

I purchased these items at the same time in support of doing a comparison between buying Liz Lisa items from Tokyo Otaku Mode versus the new Liz Lisa official eBay store. If you haven't seen it yet, please check out my previous blog post in which I compare/contrast the two venues in addition to TKL. I identified differences in language, convenience, payment method, shipping, and price and will not be discussing those factors in this post which will focus only on the items themselves. I wanted to share my TOM/eBay experience ASAP, but I didn't get a chance to properly showcase the items I had purchased as I've had a lot of competing priorities throughout the month of September. As such, they're getting their own post, and I am happy to have the opportunity to let them shine independent of the TOM/eBay review.

Liz Lisa frill embroidery blouson in white (175-7005-0) - purchased from Tokyo Otaku Mode (TOM)
フリル刺繍ブルゾン
This is a zip-down bomber-style jacket with classic high neck, tight cuffs and waist defining attributes. There is a contrasting lace trim at the neckline, pockets and bottom hem. The zipper pull has a ribbon+pom pom combination removable charm and "Love" is embroidered into the upper left chest area. The back features "Royal Sweets Labyrinth" and heart embroidery along with diagonal corset details. The inside of the jacket is quilted!
I made these orders at the beginning of September and was determined to start WEARING ALL THE BORDEAUX. However, I didn't feel like I had the adequate outerwear to wear in combination with my existing pieces. This blouson really wasn't on my radar when it was first released because I have the pink spring version that I love so much and I didn't feel the need to get another so quickly. However, over the weeks that passed, I realized I totally had enough in my current wardrobe to justify getting a bordeaux-accented outer like this, and it would be perfect + different enough from the pink! I told myself to watch and wait for a sale, but the opportunity presented itself with TOM, and I jumped at the chance to get it sooner rather than later, especially to help with the review/comparison post.
with Liz Lisa pleats tulle sukapan, Liz Lisa big ribbon cameo barrette, Liz Lisa quilting pouchette and Liz Lisa lace up pom pom pumps -

with Liz Lisa ballet shoes OP, Liz Lisa x Yui Kanno collab pom pom ribbon barrette and Liz Lisa 3D flower pumps + Liz Lisa heart frill pouchette -

with Liz Lisa pleats puff OP, Liz Lisa cherry ribbon barrette and Liz Lisa glitter pumps + Michael Kors purse -

with Liz Lisa bow tie blouse, Liz Lisa check winding wind sukapan, Liz Lisa big ribbon berete and Liz Lisa ankle boots -
This jacket is so similar to the spring version in so many ways, but the color is just absolutely perfect for autumn. It does add a bit of a casual vibe to the outfit, but it's not always a bad thing and I love incorporating this kind of outer into my girly coordinates. With the primary color of the jacket being ivory/light beige, it's easy to match it with my existing bordeaux pieces even if the tone of accents is slightly off compared to the main piece because there's a bit of a buffer color, if that makes sense. One of my biggest gripes is that the "bordeaux" items that Liz Lisa releases aren't all in the same color family, but I am very happy with what I can match with this piece.

Liz Lisa heart check jumperskirt in bordeaux (175-6013-0) - purchased from Liz Lisa official eBay
ハートチェックジャンスカ
 
This is more of a full coverage style jumperskirt with a 2-layer style skirt. The outer layer has heart cut outs on the hem with ribbons at the points and contrasting embroidery of the names of sweets "Cookies" and "Pudding". (Note: only the hearts on the front of the hem have the little ribbon detail. The hearts on the back do not.) The inner layer is a ruffle hemmed check print which can be seen through the heart cut outs and just below the outer hem. The embroidery at the sweetheart neckline says "Charlotte BonBon". The straps have a lace up detail that continues down the back of the dress and ends in pom poms (for each strap).
The stock photos really didn't sell me on this jumperskirt, but the shop staff DID. I really liked the deeper red color I saw in the staff photos and the length and fit on them as well. The pom poms on the back lacing was another small detail that wasn't sitting perfectly with me, but it's a small thing and it's not like I don't already own pom pom pumps...so there's no reason I should discriminate against this piece for having them. The cut out design on the hem just seems really special, and I'm also a sucker for check/tartan prints (especially in the details of an item), so I eventually caved to buy this when I realized it was stocked at the eBay store.
with Egoist beret and Flag J sandals + Samantha Thavasa purse -

with Liz Lisa color collar blouse, Liz Lisa big ribbon beret and Liz Lisa pom pom pumps + Coach small purse -

with Liz Lisa fur collar cardigan, Liz Lisa x Yui Kanno collab pom pom ribbon barrette, Liz Lisa pom pom pumps and Liz Lisa heart frill purse -

with Liz Lisa peplum cardigan, Liz Lisa pom pom pumps and Ank Rouge heart quilted purse -

with Liz Lisa frill embroidery blouson and Liz Lisa 3-strap pumps -
This jumper skirt does have a matching top with a tartan collar and pom pom neck tie detail, but I definitely had other plans for this. I knew that the color collar blouse that I bought during my summer Japan trip would be a very decent replacement and that I could use the jumperskirt on its own or layered under a cardigan easily. I love wearing it in all the different ways and white outers are an especially nice contrast while still matching with the embroidery. The waist fit and length are great, but, no joke, there is a HUGE amount of space in the bust area (at least 2 inches extra under the arms on each side), plus shirring in the back. It doesn't bother me a lot, especially with a cardigan over or a blouse under, but it is a lot more obvious when worn solo.

Aside from the fit issue with the jumperskirt, I love both of these bordeaux items, and I'm so glad to have them. They're each special in their own way and also look great together! As much as I think pom poms look silly in Hawaii, I still have quite a few pom pom items...and I love creating coordinates using them as a unifying theme. Although bordeaux seems like a true autumn color, I do think some of the darker red-type items will translate well into Christmas-y outfits as well!

If you are interested in making a purchase from TOM, Use code EMICHAN2018 for $5 off a minimum $5 order. Valid until Feb 9, 2018! [Go directly to the Liz Lisa page] [TOM general Jfashion page]
You can leave me (anonymous) suggestions and feedback at emiiichan.sarahah.com.
[Replies if necessary are posted to my IG story (access from the app), Twitter and FB!]

10 comments:

  1. The heart cutout dress with the cardigan on top!! Girl! You never cease to make me want items I never looked at ahaha.
    They both look great on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the heart cut out jumper skirt. It's so beautiful and you suit it so well - I think it looks nice as a ' traditional Christmas' outfit too - maybe? Idk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the heart cut outs with the tartan underlayer is so cute!! i think it's a great purchase, and i agree with bunny berri that it would look great as a christmas outfit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I'm trying to decide if I want to wear it now AND later...or just save it for later :O

      Delete
  4. Ooh, another bomber jacket! *0* Nice. I like the fourth outfit for it the most but the first one with that bag matches so well.
    Also, again, red <3 The tartan peaking out from under the hearts is a really cute detail. It does match really well with that blouse, but the fur collar cardigan of yours is such a favorite of mine (I ended up buying the peplum cardigan because it's so cute...) that it makes the outfit. Again I like the look of your last outfit a lot- the open bomber jacket + side hair + necklace really gives a good vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO IN LOVE with those fall red tones! And the structure/style of that skirt is so unique! I love it!

    ReplyDelete